IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form From County Court Business Centre

Options

Comments

• priraw
    priraw Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    "on 22 Nov 2019"?
    Is the letter alright to go to the MP?

Or do I need to add/remove something please?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not start a formal letter or email ''Hello''!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • priraw
    Options
    Dear all,

I am working on preparing the defense. I have a question that i'd request you to help me with please.

The defense to court claim has to be accompanied with proofs (image or document) and witness statement?

Kindly advise.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The defence is just that, the defence. The time for proof (evidence) comes later in the process after you have submitted your defence, received, completed and submitted your DQ, been given a court date and been asked for Witness Statement and evidence by your allocated court.
  • priraw
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    The defence is just that, the defence. The time for proof (evidence) comes later in the process after you have submitted your defence, received, completed and submitted your DQ, been given a court date and been asked for Witness Statement and evidence by your allocated court.
    Thanks for the response.

Do I need to mention in the defense about the proofs that I would provide ? Or not required to mention anything about proofs and witnesses?

One more question please. Sorry I have read many articles and threads but I still have this doubt:

Q- After responding to Court Claim with a defense, does the court make judgement on the basis of the defense and if it cant it calls for hearing? Or is it always that after defense, you will be given a court hearing date? Court claim defense always means a court hearing?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do I need to mention in the defense about the proofs that I would provide ? Or not required to mention anything about proofs and witnesses?
    Not required at this stage at all.
    One more question please. Sorry I have read many articles and threads but I still have this doubt:

Q- After responding to Court Claim with a defense, does the court make judgement on the basis of the defense and if it cant it calls for hearing? Or is it always that after defense, you will be given a court hearing date? Court claim defense always means a court hearing?
    It's spelt DEFENCE so make sure you type it right.

The court does NOT usually strike a claim out just on the defence, no.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your defence should state that "It did not happen. I did not park in the car park in question. I used the common car park entrance to park in the Market car park which is attached to the car park managed by Parking Eye.
  • priraw
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Your defence should state that "It did not happen. I did not park in the car park in question. I used the common car park entrance to park in the Market car park which is attached to the car park managed by Parking Eye.
    There is one more entrance past a round about on the same road which leads to the Market car park. But since that entrance is far off to be seen on November dark evening, i thought this is the entrance, and entered from the entrance of Car Park managed by PE.

I am going to post my defence here later today.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So two weeks have just 'vanished' since you told us you have a Claim Form and from your recent posts you appear to still have no idea what a Defence looks like.

I strongly suggest that you need to concentrate on building your Defence, and the best place to start is by looking at the many example Defences linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where did you find that old Defence?

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 were replaced in October 2015 by The Consumer Rights Act 2015.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure