IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS appeal draft for Uk parking limited parking fine disabled badge - Windsor

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    We didn't advise you to try IAS.

You will most likely lose, and are better leaving it and saving it all for a proper hearing at your local court (no CCJ, no risk, no huge costs, no big deal and a fairer judge).
    The ticketing officer who took the warnings picture clearly showed the image of blue badge hidden by PAY HERE in very small writing and instruction placed at the end of the car park. (*I'd be willing to share the picture if you want to see how it is).
    Yes please, but I can't unpick your link even when closing all the gaps.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 June 2019 at 12:34AM
    Not only can they not spell 'separate' but where on that sign does it tell you how much this imaginary 'parking charge notice' actually is?

If the signs don't say how much the PCN 'fine' is, then the basic elements of a contract - meeting of minds, clear terms, certainty of contractual sum, consideration and acceptance - are missing.

How can you know how much the penalty is - 10p? £100? £1000?

For that reason, do an IAS appeal on that basis.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ddiane
    ddiane Posts: 17 Forumite
    Thank you - I understand people here says IAS is a big joke and I’ve emailed uk parking ltd for POPLA code instead - whether they do give me the code I’m not sure as I found out here they are member of IPC not BPA...

Right I’ll do that insufficient signage and your noting of missing how much penalty fine is..
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2019 at 9:36AM
    ddiane wrote: »
    Thank you - I understand people here says IAS is a big joke and I’ve emailed uk parking ltd for POPLA code instead - whether they do give me the code I’m not sure as I found out here they are member of IPC not BPA...

Right I’ll do that insufficient signage and your noting of missing how much penalty fine is..

Have you read#14 above,??

If so, why this nonsense about now requesting a popla code???

From an IPC member!
  • ddiane
    I did read the faq and I’ve found out it was iPC me never after I asked them the code...:( yes it was stupid of me but in here people say you have a better chance of winning with popla than IAS
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2019 at 9:51AM
    You mention several times that it is not clear that disabled people must pay. I am puzzled why you think that they should get subsidised parking.

Furthermore, in your OP you state this

The wording of the signage states that there is a “penalty charge for failing …"

I very much doubt that the word "penalty" is used as this would blow their case out of the water.

Accuracy/ is a sine qua non in these matters so please read the stickie/FAQS again and again until you have them off pat.

If you had read them youu would know that this statement I’ve emailed uk parking ltd for POPLA code instead - is a nonsence

Please take more care in future. A misplaced place word can mean the difference between winning and losing in court, and, more importantly, wastes out time.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • ddiane
    We didn’t notice it was private parking because the word private land was written in small font, and the picture that says penalty for failing, this was right at the end of the parking not at the entrance where most nearest parking meters were and most convenient. My mother would had to literally drag her right leg to see the small warning sign because you can’t see from distance..
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    … picture that says penalty for failing, …

Have they actually l used the word "penalty"?

I cannot stress enough how important the answer to this question is.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ddiane wrote: »
    I did read the faq and I’ve found out it was iPC me never after I asked them the code...:( yes it was stupid of me but in here people say you have a better chance of winning with popla than IAS

Yes you do, but only with BPA AOS members, not when they are IPC AOS members like in this case

They get to choose which option they subscribe to, not you, so popla is not an option for you or this parking company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure