PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• BlueTwiglet
    Options
    At least you've got the chance to get most of the work done before you actually move in LittleBobo! And worrying about a toilet at 3am is a perfectly natural thing to do. ;)

Congratulations CTC!! So pleased for you. The saga is nearly over!

Impatiently waiting for any update from my solicitor. They emailed the buyers solicitors on Thursday to confirm they were satisfied with enquiries - if I haven't heard anything within the next half hour I'll drop them a line. I was hoping for this to all be sorted by the end of January, considering the process started in October, but it looks like it's going to be February after all.
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    CTC thank !!!! for that, congrats! If I weren't STILL doing dry Jan I'd have a drink for you, nail biting stuff. The matriarch is coming to stay for inaugural visit this weekend, I do hope my guest blackout bedroom curtains are ready in time, there's a street lamp outside that window and I'll never hear the end of it otherwise.

I'm slowly weaning myself off these forums now new life is starting to take shape, I'm contracting again and also doing volunteering for a charity plus trying to shed the stone that the trauma of house buying made me put on.

We've still got the previous owners cat for a bit. I'm hopelessly attached, the daft thing follows me everywhere. Only one thing for it, need to get own cat when he does move out.

Good luck to all today.
  • vicki2221
    Options
    Congrats exchangees!

I don't know when we'll exchange. We have signed and returned the contract and our vendor has signed and returned theirs. Our buyer is waiting for a drainage search to come back apparently, before she can sign hers. The solicitor says he will keep checking in with her solicitor who is in the same firm as ours. Presumably once that is done then we exchange? I feel like we must be just a few days away. But maybe not, maybe it's weeks or months, I just don't know. I have become obsessed with our new house, all I can think about is how I am going to decorate and style it and I can't concentrate on anything else, I just want to get in there.
    Save £12k in 2018 #130 - £1200/£7,000
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    YAY CTC ...So very happy for you...i'll crack open the bubbly !

Vicki - sounds like you are so close....i'd assume as long as the search comes back okay then yeah should be fine ..just depends how quick the searches are ...you will soon be in there decorating :)

and yep BlueTwiglet will be very happy to not be living in there right now ..OMG the mess is horrific ...however on the plus side the boiler is working which was a big concern because it's old and rubbish !

and JoJo if you want i cat i have three ..you can have the skitty one LOL
  • EllezBellz
    Options
    Congrats to those who have exchanged!

So close myself, were going for a simultaneous exchange & compelete tomorrow. Deposit was paid yesterday, just checked my online mortgage tracker "Mortgage is now live"

Looks to be going ahead eeee!
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    I've also completed - I just can't believe its actually happened :beer:

Tragically I'm stuck in work until 2.30 when I will be racing home to get my new keys, champagne and glass :D

Have faith everyone - if I can complete in week 21 on a 2 house chain anyone can :rotfl:

Also thank you again to everyone here for your comments, posts and humour - I think I would have gone mad if I couldn't vent and post in here. Not that I'm leaving yet - I need to follow some of you guys until the end as well :j
  • CommitedToChange
    CommitedToChange Posts: 1,325 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2018 at 2:02PM
    Options
    EllezBellz wrote: »
    Congrats to those who have exchanged!

So close myself, were going for a simultaneous exchange & compelete tomorrow. Deposit was paid yesterday, just checked my online mortgage tracker "Mortgage is now live"

Looks to be going ahead eeee!

Ohhh exciting - that's what I have just done, though not by choice :rotfl: I'll keep fingers and toes crossed for you

That's good news about the boiler Littlebobo - and at least you know what needs doing, even if it takes a while it will be wonderful in the end :D Though don't give away any cats!

:rotfl:JoJo I love that everyone is just as relieved as me that it's finally happened - you defo need a cat though, once you've had one, even a foster, your home won't be the same without a furry monster ruling the roost.

Fingers crossed you get some dates Bluetwiglet - the waiting is just the worst.

Vicki - I felt the same way, couldn't concentrate on work as I just kept thinking about moving in - hopefully you won't have too long a wait either.

Congrats Firsttimebuyer - at least your in, even if the kitchen is different (so odd!)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hooray CTC!! :j :j :j SO pleased for you - tell work there's no point you staying as you won't be any use :D take it you're not actually moving today?!

Hope everything goes ahead as planned EllzBellz! :j

Feels like a few people are getting close now, yay!

We had another removals bloke round to quote today - rang to say he'd be five mins late, was actually 25 mins late with no apology, didn't introduce himself - first words were 'right, what's your new address?' :eek: that's a bit forward, we've only just met!! :eek: :rotfl: seemed very keen to leave and asking questions was like getting blood out of a stone :eek:

He did ask who else we'd got a quote from, and when I asked why, said 'we're keen to get more work as we're not very busy at the minute' - I can see why!! :eek: :rotfl:
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    Cheerydaff - no not moving today, I've got a 6 week overlap on my rented flat, so I can take my time. Handy as I need to repaint it to get my deposit back. Planning to be in on Sunday with basics and cats - as I have Monday and Tuesday off to get them settled. Then big move a week later.

Wow on that removals man - No wonder he's not busy :rotfl:

I'm clearly hard at work now - but sadly can't leave yet, I am tempted to see if I can leave at 1.30 and just book an extra hour off as I think I've got a few random hours left to take. (our holiday is hours as we don't work set days) :D
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    I'm barely doing any work at the moment as every phone call i seem to take is personal ..my stats wont be very good for this month ..WHOOPS ...Hope they let you sneak off soon !

As for getting rid of cats ..NEVER ...even if they do like bringing back half dead animals and smashing through cat flaps at 5am in the morning :) love the little furballs ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback