PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Landlord and entering house

Comments

• Thanks everyone I have been communicating with PB too. They have seen all his texts to me also and have said no further communication with him as they haven't been dealing with him. I vacated the property on August 25th as agreed but no one came to do a check out or collect keys. So we posted them through the door. The 'landlord' then organised his own check out on the 29th. I have now received a copy of it and it has my name on it like I was there. I rang the co. who carried it out and they said they did it unaccompanied as he didn't show up either. So even though there was a moving in inventory the check out clerk never saw it and every section just says 'not available' or refer to LL . Its such a nightmare but have sent everything to the deposit company and hope they see sense. He has definitely been in since we left as photos show things we didn't do and neighbours have confirmed they have seen him. He wants the cash and will do what he can to get it. I thought these people only existed in the Daily Mail
  • Comms69 wrote: »
    But purplebricks work for the landlord, who can nominate anyone he or she likes to act on their behalf - and they don't have to tell the agent this

This is not what PB have told me. He has been coming into the house without notice and collecting mail etc He could have been anyone
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    noddynoo wrote: »
    This is not what PB have told me. He has been coming into the house without notice and collecting mail etc He could have been anyone

Well they are wrong.

They work for the landlord. Not the other way around.
  • Comms69 wrote: »
    Well they are wrong.

They work for the landlord. Not the other way around.

Yes I know they work for the landlord but over the 3 years this man has been acting like landlord WITHOUT permission from anyone. The actual landlord had no idea he was messaging us and coming round
  • Comms69
    Yes I know they work for the landlord but over the 3 years this man has been acting like landlord WITHOUT permission from anyone. The actual landlord had no idea he was messaging us and coming round

The wife had no idea her husband was going round?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    .....I vacated the property on August 25th as agreed but no one came to do a check out or collect keys. So we posted them through the door. The 'landlord' then organised his own check out on the 29th. I have now received a copy of it and it has my name on it like I was there. I rang the co. who carried it out and they said they did it unaccompanied as he didn't show up either. So even though there was a moving in inventory the check out clerk never saw it and every section just says 'not available' or refer to LL . Its such a nightmare but have sent everything to the deposit company and hope they see sense. He has definitely been in since we left as photos show things we didn't do and neighbours have confirmed they have seen him. He wants the cash and will do what he can to get it. I thought these people only existed in the Daily Mail
    * The check out clerk does not need to see the check in inventory - his job is simply to record the condition as he finds it.
    * it is normal for the tenant not to be present.
    * it is normal for the landlord to not be present.

How does the check-out ispection compare toyour copy of the check-in inventory? That is what matters and that is (primarily) what the deposit scheme arbitrators will look at.

As for 3 years with someone coming into your home- whether the landlord, his wife or someone else? Well you've had 3 years to change the locks and/or write to the LL instructing him to stop, so I don't understand why this is now an issue....
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Yes I know they work for the landlord but over the 3 years this man has been acting like landlord WITHOUT permission from anyone.
    Are you certain that his wife (the property owner) didn't give him permission to manage the property on her behalf as well as PB? That's all that's legally required and the owner has no responsibility to inform PB about another agent (although it would have been useful).
  • I have had 3 years to change the locks? I thought he was the landlord! am not sure if his wife knew or not PB say she didn't and I am only to deal with her now via them and that's what I am doing
  • Slithery wrote: »
    Are you certain that his wife (the property owner) didn't give him permission to manage the property on her behalf as well as PB? That's all that's legally required and the owner has no responsibility to inform PB about another agent (although it would have been useful).
    It seems like she didn't know Or is saying she didn't
  • Comms69
    I have had 3 years to change the locks? I thought he was the landlord! am not sure if his wife knew or not PB say she didn't and I am only to deal with her now via them and that's what I am doing

So? I change my locks all the time. The landlord has no more right of entry to your home than I do.

I find it funny how you are listening to literally the least reputable agent in the country - goodluck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure