Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mumtaz1
    • By Mumtaz1 14th Jun 19, 4:23 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Mumtaz1
    Lloyd’s falsely giving cifas ?
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:23 PM
    Lloyd’s falsely giving cifas ? 14th Jun 19 at 4:23 PM
    Hello I’m 17 now but was 15 when this happened.

As a lot of you lot know on Snapchat there are tons of accounts claiming they sell iPhones for cheaper then the usual price I got tricked into buying two iPhone 8s for Ł700 at the time and everything went smooth I went to meet the person and he told me he’s going to get his mate to take the money off me as I only had cash.

I met his friend and gave him the money and I didn’t get a reply ever since few days later I got blocked so I was confused and worried.. I contacted the police and threatened the user about me contacting the police and he agreed to give my money back.

He obviously would not meet up so he will send it through the bank to me ...I believe he was with Santander at the time if I remember correctly,he told me he will send in chunks(later realising because he was scamming other users through bank transfer and then sending me money) once Ł250 was sent he said he can’t send anymore to the account and me being desperate as I wanted these iPhones for myself and a gift I gave him my savings account which he paid Ł250 in another chunk and Ł200 in another chunk.

Everything was fine I got my money back but then I woke up and went to check my mobile banking app and it said my account has been suspended and to contact lloyds so I did and they told me I had to come into branch.

Next day I got into branch and I explain the situation they didn’t take my serious and didn’t really give any focus when I was explaining what happened but they was fast to tell me that they are closing down my accounts and I won’t be able to open a bank with any other banks and will not be able to get a mortgage or any loans but they said it in confusing words at the time I was 15 I didn’t understand any of this so I thought nothing of it now that I’m older it has a massive impact on me.

I contacted a solicitor and they told me the bank thought I was money laundering as the sender of the money was getting that money from fraud and once their bank account got shut they investigated mine.

I was so confused and did some research about what a money launderer is and then I was shocked as I didn’t even take any of the money out so if I was a money launderer I would of taken it out.

I contacted lloyds and wrote a letter of complaint telling them how I’ve been with their bank since a little kid as my mum opened my saver account when I was around 10 so I’ve been a loyal customer and a long term customer.

They refused my story and told me my accounts are being closed and I won’t be able to open any other accounts.

Any idea on what to do ? I need a bank and im being falsely accused I tried to complain but no help at all.
Page 2
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 15th Jun 19, 5:25 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 571 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    Now I realise why people don’t ask for advice on this forums it’s full of white broke pricks behind a screen doing nothing for them selfs but chatting !!!! over a screen lol real funny !!!! You
    Originally posted by Mumtaz1
    I'm glad you find it hilarious.

Stamping your feet and having a teenage temper tantrum won't remove the CIFAS marker from your credit file, or persuade your bank (or any other bank for that matter) to allow you to open an account with them.
    It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 15th Jun 19, 8:05 PM
    • 26,114 Posts
    • 13,281 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    Well said missus!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 15th Jun 19, 8:39 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 1,948 Thanks
    boo_star
    Out of interest, what is the lower age cutoff point for Cifas records? It's 18 for credit files.
    Originally posted by johnsmith1890
    I'd be interested to know that too. Children can obiusly have their data processed so it would appear that there is no lower limit.

Are you sure an under 18 won't ever have their data recorded by the CRAs? While far from common it's not against the law to extend credit to an under 18, just not sensible.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 16th Jun 19, 9:43 AM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 2,052 Thanks
    MABLE
    [QUOTE=Missus Hyde;75929628]I'm glad you find it hilarious.

Stamping your feet and having a teenage temper tantrum won't remove the CIFAS marker from your credit file. Unquote

Possibly not but no doubt makes the OP feel better.
    • ffacoffipawb
    • By ffacoffipawb 16th Jun 19, 10:49 AM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 2,048 Thanks
    ffacoffipawb
    Now I realise why people don’t ask for advice on this forums it’s full of white broke pricks behind a screen doing nothing for them selfs but chatting !!!! over a screen lol real funny !!!! You
    Are you a racist, xenophobe or just plain stupid?
    Retired: Financial Independence achieved in June 2019.

Cofiwch Dryweryn
    • meer53
    • By meer53 16th Jun 19, 1:07 PM
    • 9,547 Posts
    • 13,968 Thanks
    meer53
    Well, that wasn't a predictable response was it ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,564Posts Today

7,526Users online

Martin's Twitter