IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appeal decision not received, now DRP?

2»

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Iza71 ..... as said, I know that retail park. The signs are poor

I have never actually seen a parking warden there.

If you would like my opinion real time, I am happy to meet you at the car park
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I parked in front of Home Sense and walked to Hobbycraft (where I did some shopping), tried Argos and Decathlon but didn't buy anything. Stopped at McDonald's (coffee much needed) and walked back to Home Sense, where I did some shopping
    If that is exactly the shopping route you took, then what reason did the parking gimp have to issue a 'leaving the site' ticket within a couple of minutes of you exiting the car?

The stop at McDs (which is the point at which they are arguing you 'left the site') was much further on in time into the use of the car park.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 June 2019 at 10:07AM
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    If that is exactly the shopping route you took, then what reason did the parking gimp have to issue a 'leaving the site' ticket within a couple of minutes of you exiting the car?

The stop at McDs (which is the point at which they are arguing you 'left the site') was much further on in time into the use of the car park.

Homesense is in a different car park operated by UKPC with tiny signs. Right next door is another retail park with the other stores (UKCPM)
    but Mcd's has it's own car park with no signs

There is a UKPC gimp in a white van who travels between car parks in Reading.
    He is a predator and well known to the stores
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport