Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Iza71
    • By Iza71 13th Jun 19, 9:57 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Iza71
    Appeal decision not received, now DRP?
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:57 PM
    Appeal decision not received, now DRP? 13th Jun 19 at 9:57 PM
    Hi.

I found a parking charge on my car in March. Saying "vehicle driver left the site". Not true, so I appealed by UKPC appeal form. Never received a confirmation or a decision re this. When I checked a few weeks later, there was info the case is being processed, so I waited patiently. Still no decision, instead a few days ago I was sent (by post) a letter from debt recovery company!

Couldn't find a way to contact UKPS so using Resolver I managed to find out that apparently I gave a wrong email address, and that is where they sent the decision! I'm not saying it couldn't happen, possibly a typo, but I most certainly gave a full postal address!

Have I been sent the decision I would have paid 60 - simply to have it out of my mind. Now I am being charged 160.

So my question really is - do I have any chance in court on a basis that I've never received a decision about the appeal? Or is their claim that it was sent to an email address is enough to be forced to pay. And is CCJ something I should be afraid off? I've been living in this country for a very long time, luckily never had anything to do with any kind of court, so I feel lost.

Thanks for all the help!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jun 19, 9:59 PM
    • 25,020 Posts
    • 31,953 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:59 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 9:59 PM
    which PPC is involved then ?

UKPC or UKPS ? BECAUSE YOU HAVE WRITTEN BOTH

this distinction is important to anyone answering your query

check your facts and post please
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 10:48 PM
    • 76,547 Posts
    • 89,882 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:48 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 10:48 PM
    now DRP?
    Why the question mark, DRP is covered by post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.

do I have any chance in court on a basis that I've never received a decision about the appeal?
    Yes you have a case but why do you think your defence would be about not hearing about the appeal?

It wouldn't be anything like that, it would be that the Claimant has no evidence that the driver left the site, plus the usual standard stuff seen in every defence thread.

Or is their claim that it was sent to an email address is enough to be forced to pay.
    No-one except a Judge can 'force' you to pay!

And is CCJ something I should be afraid off?
    No. As long as you tell them of you move house and don't ignore actual court papers.

UKPC or UKPS?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Iza71
    • By Iza71 14th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Iza71
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:12 PM
    Sorry, my mistake. UKPC.

So nervous about all this!

Just had a conversation with Debt Recovery Plus. Finally, they sent me a copy of UKPC decision. And yes, I made a typo in the email address. As I didn't have the decision I missed the 28 days deadline for a POPLA appeal. So now the court is the only option.

I appealed on a basis that I didn't leave the site which was Forbury Retail Park in Reading. I spent some time in McDonald's, did some shopping in Hobbycraft, Argos and Home Sense. Their decision says Mc Donalds is not a part of the site when the sign on the entry to the car park clearly says so!

Anyway, now that I read their answer I am determined to wait to a court hearing.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jun 19, 3:18 PM
    • 25,020 Posts
    • 31,953 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:18 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:18 PM
    never phone or speak to the debt collector

come back if or when you receive a formal LoC and/or an MCOL in the post

dont bother telling us about DRPL or debt collector letters

your email error has denied you your popla appeal , but you are correct in thinking that maybe they should have posted one out same as they did with the NTK

levaing the site is notoeriously difficult for them to prove, because there are no clear site boundaries , as CM says above

meanwhile , complain to the MA of the retail site and try for a cancellation by that M.A. or the landowner , that is your BEST option right now
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Skiddaw1
    • By Skiddaw1 14th Jun 19, 4:05 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    Skiddaw1
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:05 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 4:05 PM
    Sorry, my mistake. UKPC.

So nervous about all this!

Just had a conversation with Debt Recovery Plus. Finally, they sent me a copy of UKPC decision. And yes, I made a typo in the email address. As I didn't have the decision I missed the 28 days deadline for a POPLA appeal. So now the court is the only option.

I appealed on a basis that I didn't leave the site which was Forbury Retail Park in Reading. I spent some time in McDonald's, did some shopping in Hobbycraft, Argos and Home Sense. Their decision says Mc Donalds is not a part of the site when the sign on the entry to the car park clearly says so!

Anyway, now that I read their answer I am determined to wait to a court hearing.
    Originally posted by Iza71

I'm just a lurker on this board but being a fellow Readingite, I absolutely agree that's mad. How can they possibly pretend McDonalds isn't a part of the site? Utter tosh. Go for it in court say I.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    • 76,547 Posts
    • 89,882 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    Just had a conversation with Debt Recovery Plus
    I'm sorry, you did WHAT? More than 24 hours after being advised:

DRP is covered by post #4 of the NEWBIES thread
    ...which makes it crystal clear never to phone DRP, nor to post about them either, as we have no time for this 'ignore stage'.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 19, 6:43 PM
    • 12,540 Posts
    • 17,475 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:43 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:43 PM

I know that site very well. As you turn in, Mcd's is on the left with it's own car park. Go to the right to the stores you mention and that's where you see the vermin signs

The point is, which side did you park when you went into Mcd's ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Iza71
    • By Iza71 14th Jun 19, 10:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Iza71
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:43 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:43 PM
    I dare saying that talking to DRP was the right thing to do as at least they sent me a copy of UKPC decision, so I know on what basis the appeal was declined.

Having exchanged few emails with UKPC through Resolva I found out I (by mistake) gave them a wrong email address but wasn't offered a copy of their own correspondence.

I parked in front of Home Sense and walked to Hobbycraft (where I did some shopping), tried Argos and Decathlon but didn't buy anything. Stopped at McDonald's (coffee much needed) and walked back to Home Sense, where I did some shopping (and that is possibly the only one I can get a receipt for, as it was for my employer). I always considered it being one retail park. It never crossed my mind to check if I can park in front of one store and visit the other!

I think it's a trap, especially since (judging by the time when the ticket was printed) the parking attendant put a sticker on my windscreen when I was less than 100m from the car!

I did try to find a contact address to appeal to retail park itself .... It's a strange one. They don't seem to have a website or any office. Google search just sends to all the separate stores.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 10:46 PM
    • 76,547 Posts
    • 89,882 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Which retail park?
    • Iza71
    • By Iza71 15th Jun 19, 7:14 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Iza71
    Forbury Retail Park in Reading
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jun 19, 7:38 AM
    • 12,540 Posts
    • 17,475 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Iza71 ..... as said, I know that retail park. The signs are poor

I have never actually seen a parking warden there.

If you would like my opinion real time, I am happy to meet you at the car park

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 19, 9:19 AM
    • 25,111 Posts
    • 40,509 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I parked in front of Home Sense and walked to Hobbycraft (where I did some shopping), tried Argos and Decathlon but didn't buy anything. Stopped at McDonald's (coffee much needed) and walked back to Home Sense, where I did some shopping
    If that is exactly the shopping route you took, then what reason did the parking gimp have to issue a 'leaving the site' ticket within a couple of minutes of you exiting the car?

The stop at McDs (which is the point at which they are arguing you 'left the site') was much further on in time into the use of the car park.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Jun 19, 9:44 AM
    • 12,540 Posts
    • 17,475 Thanks
    beamerguy
    If that is exactly the shopping route you took, then what reason did the parking gimp have to issue a 'leaving the site' ticket within a couple of minutes of you exiting the car?

The stop at McDs (which is the point at which they are arguing you 'left the site') was much further on in time into the use of the car park.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Homesense is in a different car park operated by UKPC with tiny signs. Right next door is another retail park with the other stores (UKCPM)
    but Mcd's has it's own car park with no signs

There is a UKPC gimp in a white van who travels between car parks in Reading.
    He is a predator and well known to the stores
    Last edited by beamerguy; 15-06-2019 at 10:07 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,426Posts Today

7,467Users online

Martin's Twitter