Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    I'm fairly sure that if you return something that was bought with gift voucher that amazon issue a new gift credit to your account, thus another ten years til expiry.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    And if you return too much stuff, they can close your account, so I've heard. Which may or may not include a gift card balance?!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • crumpetman
    crumpetman Posts: 339 Forumite
    True, I have heard the same thing but not seen it first hand.

The return/refund question should be hypothetical anyway, even with hundreds/thousands of pounds to spend at Amazon over the next decade I should think most people can find something worthwhile to spend given the range of products offered.

I tend not to redeem my gift vouchers until I intend to spend them, that way I can gift them to other people to use on their accounts too.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Not happy to be contacted via PM by a poster on this thread, and asked to pay them £10 each for using two of our codes which were on offer, greedy or what!
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 15 June 2019 at 9:02AM
    harz99 wrote: »
    Not happy to be contacted via PM by a poster on this thread, and asked to pay them £10 each for using two of our codes which were on offer, greedy or what!

I have helped out several MSE members using their RAF codes for a 10.00 incentive, being as you had so many codes so near to end of the promotion with codes easy to come by I hoped by making the suggestion that I made might help you out to gain 100.00 in Amazon gift certificate credit that you might not otherwise get.

Edit so as not to add another post, even with post edits/deletions on other thread, there are posts with incentives offered to use someones codes/more than 1 person including me has posted on the thread asking if anyone is willing to offer an incentive for using a Santander RAF code, reason I sent PM rather than posting on the other thread it has subsequently been made very clear only 1 post can be made on the other thread, I apologise to harz99 for any offence caused by the PM
  • harz99
    edited 15 June 2019 at 5:58AM
    I have helped out several MSE members using their RAF codes for a 10.00 incentive, being as you had so many codes so near to end of the promotion with codes easy to come by I hoped by making the suggestion that I made might help you out to gain 100.00 in Amazon gift certificate credit that you might not otherwise get.

Firstly, if we'd agreed it would be an £80 gain for us not £100, secondly that's not how we personally do things, nor I suspect is it MSE's - mutual gain is fine with no money changing hands, a charity donation after the event was successful maybe, but finally please don't try and kid us that you are helping us out!
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Answer I have had is that the intention is for the claim screen to be available until 5pm on 18th.
  • bazwaldo
    bazwaldo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is quite common for incentives to be offered on referrals. For some reason, which i can't fathom, it is perfectly fine on some threads, but not on others. This is usually viewed as being beneficial to both parties. I can't see how anybody being asked if they would like to offer an incentive for their codes to be used would find this offensive, especially with the fact that there is precious little time left for them to be used and will almost certainly go unused which will make the person left with the codes out of pocket, even if the net gain would have been less than the codes viewed worth.
  • bazwaldo
    bazwaldo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Answer I have had is that the intention is for the claim screen to be available until 5pm on 18th.
    Then, my claim for switch completing after the 18th will be done @ 4.45pm on the 18th. :), with fingers and everything else crossed as it sails away to the claim dept.
  • harz99
    bazwaldo wrote: »
    It is quite common for incentives to be offered on referrals. For some reason, which i can't fathom, it is perfectly fine on some threads, but not on others. This is usually viewed as being beneficial to both parties. I can't see how anybody being asked if they would like to offer an incentive for their codes to be used would find this offensive, especially with the fact that there is precious little time left for them to be used and will almost certainly go unused which will make the person left with the codes out of pocket, even if the net gain would have been less than the codes viewed worth.

Maybe, I don't have any experience of referrals, so I couldn't comment on how common it is to ask for money.

I responded to a PM simply asking if I had any codes left, being conscious of the time constraints I replied with the codes we had left, too trusting or naive maybe. It was a second PM that then asked for a tenner each to use them.

I don't trust anyone who works in that sort of way, had the initial message included the part about paying a tanner each, the response would have been a polite no thanks.

As we've never had the £80/100 we won't miss it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure