Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CookieMuffin
    • By CookieMuffin 14th Jun 19, 5:08 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CookieMuffin
    Equita issue and leaving the country
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:08 PM
    Equita issue and leaving the country 14th Jun 19 at 5:08 PM
    Hi,

Last year I received a PCN for parking my car incorrectly. I never received a letter from the council that issued the fine & couple months later I get a letter from Equita. Few letters later theyíre asking for £513 and sent a removal notice. All those letter came to my old address and the landlord only just gave them to me.

I wanted to send a statutory declaration out of time letter (PE2 form) to put the bailiffs actions on hold and see if I can pay the PCN normally. Unfortunately this needs to be sworn and signed in a court before sending it.

Iím leaving tomorrow morning and didnít manage to go to court to get it signed. I will be back in the UK in 3 months. Can the bailiff come and take my car? I was thinking about putting a car cover on my car and taking the registration plates off. Is it okay if I send the PE2 form in 3 months? Any advise will be very appreciated. Thank you.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 5:23 PM
    • 76,533 Posts
    • 89,870 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:23 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:23 PM
    Can the bailiff come and take my car?
    Yes.

I was thinking about putting a car cover on my car and taking the registration plates off.
    OK, but not on street and not in your own drive either. A bailiff will look for it and clamp it anyway by checking the VIN instead I expect - they are not that daft.

Permanently inside a friend or family member's garage is safe.

You need to update your car registration address with the DVLA before you go (online might be possible tonight?) or you are risking £1000 fine for failing to update the DVLA. Changing your DRIVING LICENCE address does NOT change the car's address so any PCN letters will always go to the wrong address.

Not good, given the potential DVLA fine if you leave it!

Is it okay if I send the PE2 form in 3 months?
    Not sure, quickly register now and ask on pepipoo (no Hotmail emails):

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Get on pepipoo now to ask about the timeline for PE2 forms.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Jun 19, 5:34 PM
    • 12,540 Posts
    • 17,475 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:34 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:34 PM
    Can the bailiff come and take my car? I was thinking about putting a car cover on my car and taking the registration plates off.

Find someone with an empty garage or lock up and hide your car
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,282Posts Today

7,224Users online

Martin's Twitter