Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Exstra
    • By Exstra 14th Jun 19, 1:32 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Exstra
    Remortgaging Issue?
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:32 PM
    Remortgaging Issue? 14th Jun 19 at 1:32 PM
    A bit of a back story. My ex and I bought a house together about 5 years ago and have kept the house with her living there (I now rent somewhere else, she covers my mortgage in the owned property).

We have decided it's probably in our best interest to sell the house in about 5 years rather than now. Therefore with my current fixed mortgage period coming to an end we would want to re-fix.

If we apply for this is it likely to be a problem I rent as the property you have a mortgage on is meant to be your main property. As if this is not the case I think we will have to sell it now.

I don't think salary should be an issue as I am now on 18k more than when I got the original mortgage.
Page 1
    • Neutrinno
    • By Neutrinno 14th Jun 19, 1:39 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Neutrinno
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:39 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 1:39 PM
    You could probably just do a rate switch online which doesn't usually require any further checks.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,371Posts Today

7,112Users online

Martin's Twitter