IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

One Parking Solution PCN + Gladstones - Parked for 8mins, LBC for £208!

Options

Comments

• StubbornGoat
    StubbornGoat Posts: 157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok so unfortunately the FOI request came back negative. They said:

Freedom of Information Request

Thank you for your e-mail of 01 May requesting information under the terms of the
    Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

You asked:

Please show me the dates and details (with copy documents and emails,
    suitably redacted of names) for any DVLA Audits (failed or passed) and
    all communications with One Parking Solutions or the BPA, relating to
    the signs at the Broadwater site, postcode BN14 9BY, between 1.1.17 to
    date.

The information you have requested is not held. The DVLA does not hold information
    in relation to specific car parks.

It is within the Accredited Trade Association’s (ATA’s) remit to consider and audit
    signage in place at specific sites.

The information which follows concerns the procedures for making any complaint
    you might have about the reply. Please quote the reference number of this letter in
    any future communications about it.

Yours sincerely

Robert Toft
    Head of Data Protection Policy & Freedom of Information Team

I can't seem to find the details of the ATA to request a FOI from them? hmm

Thoughts?

Thank you
    SG
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't seem to find the details of the ATA to request a FOI from them?
    The ATA are The British Parking Association.

Only public bodies have to respond to a Freedom of Information request.

The BPA is not such a body.
  • StubbornGoat
    StubbornGoat Posts: 157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Received a reply from GS...

Good afternoon,

You emailed on on 30 April 2019, requesting for us to hold the case as you were seeking debt advise.

It is been over 30 days, and we have not received a response from you.

If no payment or substantive response is made within 14 days from the date of this email, our Client may request for us to issue proceedings without any further notice.

Yours Sincerely

Is it worth trying to offer a "substantive response"? They don't seem to be bothered with anything I have said up to now.

Thanks for the help

SG
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wind them up with a reiteration of your case, and what you told them before, and ask if they read any of your previous communications or are they just in robo-claim mode?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure how you are getting on, but as I have an in-flight POPLA claim at the same site I thought I would share this with you. Might give you some added ammunition if this gets taken further.

I have cheekily used a site map Gladstones sent you to prove their claim, that helps my defence. Please feel free to use any of my material to help yours in return

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm06bsqe6fsmqux/POPLA%20Appeal%20xxx.pdf?dl=0
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Received a reply from GS...

Good afternoon,

You emailed on on 30 April 2019, requesting for us to hold the case as you were seeking debt advise.

It is been over 30 days, and we have not received a response from you.

If no payment or substantive response is made within 14 days from the date of this email, our Client may request for us to issue proceedings without any further notice.

Yours Sincerely

Is it worth trying to offer a "substantive response"? They don't seem to be bothered with anything I have said up to now.

Thanks for the help

SG

HAHA, you have received a response FROM the most incompetent legal operating in the UK

"If no payment or substantive response is made within 14 days"

OK the Gladstones boys, send me a real Letter before Claim giving me 30 days, not 14 days and don't forget to include proof of your claim and costs. AND ... if you add a fake amount to any claim, the court will be informed of your ABUSE OF PROCESS

THAT IS THE bottom line Gladstones, maybe see one your "green horns" in court

Tell you what StubbornGoat, Gladstones are not a legal you would want to employ ...... so incompetent
  • Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    i can’t imagine One Parking Solution being too pleased when they see my POPLA appeal based on a site map supplied by Gladstones. Like you say incompetent.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice POPLA appeal link which should help this OP at WS & evidence stage.

I love this point and the Google map showing Broadwater St East is another road!:
    PCN details do not match the same site. PCN says the charge relates to Broadwater Street West, the CCTV image is displaying Broadwater Street East, which is a distinctly separate road.

I know it well, used to work in that area.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    Woppyman72 wrote: »
    Not sure how you are getting on, but as I have an in-flight POPLA claim at the same site I thought I would share this with you. Might give you some added ammunition if this gets taken further.

I have cheekily used a site map Gladstones sent you to prove their claim, that helps my defence. Please feel free to use any of my material to help yours in return

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fm06bsqe6fsmqux/POPLA%20Appeal%20xxx.pdf?dl=0

Hi Woppy,

Just coming back to this. Glad you're getting use out of what they sent me. How are you getting with your case?

FYI Your Dropbox link doesn't work?

SG
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    And here's me thinking they did a runner as they knew they had no case :think:

I've just received a reply from GS regarding this PCN...

Thank you for your correspondence.

We are not instructed to discuss the site in general only the charge, we are therefore unable to comment as to why changes to the site have been made.

It is not a requirement for our Client to disclose their DVLA audits, this is not relevant to the charge.

We refer to to 6.4 of the BPA Code of Practice which states the BPA are not there to settle disputes between a motorist and the parking operator regarding their right on the land. We confirm our Client monitors and complies with the Code of Practice at all times.

With regard to the signs, the grace period previously discussed permits motorists to exit their vehicle and consider the terms on the sign within the same period. You parked your vehicle at the site and left with the opportunity to consider the signs, therefore our client concluded that you had agreed to the terms and were then bound by them pursuant to your performance.

We believe we have made our Client's position clear, we will now hold the file for 60 days to allow for payment of £160 to be made. In the absence of payment after this time we may be instructed to issue proceedings without further notice.

Kind Regards

I feel this is one last punt to try and get me to pay... but they must know they have no chance whatsoever seeing as they clearly have CCTV proving I wasn't driving!

Anyway, do you think I should just ignore their email or just re-iterate my points again -

There's a big part of me that want's to go to court again, eh Coupon Mad? Let's go see the big bloke from the OPS :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback