pip-uc -lcw

Trying to understand Bulb energy's somewhat limited Broader Group criteria for WHD -140 winter fuel payment.
I understand I'm a low earner which is one of Criteria.
Though two selections are required.
The only other selection I can think of is- LCW or limited capability to work -UC.
As I've mentioned once or twice, I won't be transferred to UC until Gov gets the millions of disabled auto moved over in next few years possibly before 2023 approx.
My question -is Limited Capability to work strictly for UC or was it once part of Disabled element of PIP-which I receive due to m.s.
Thanks in advance
Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• Rubyroobs
    Rubyroobs Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    LCW and LCWRA are element of UC for people who can't work or have limited capability for work. They equate to the wrag and support groups of ESA which preceded UC.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,808 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Rubyroobs wrote: »
    LCW and LCWRA are element of UC for people who can't work or have limited capability for work. They equate to the wrag and support groups of ESA which preceded UC.

thanks that would suggest Bulb aren't including pip in their warm home discount eligibility.
    though it could change to accept more groups as advised on their website.
    think I'll give them a chance anyway though w.h.d from sp and sse has become almost essential with electric only flat.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,910 Forumite
    Dandytf wrote: »
    thanks that would suggest Bulb aren't including pip in their warm home discount eligibility.
    I'm not sure why it would be. PIP isn't means tested and can be claimed regardless of household income.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2019 at 8:47PM
    LCW is not part of PIP. It relates to ESA or UC.

What benefits do you get?

I understand from your post that you don't receive UC, but do you get income- based ESA or JSA?

From the Bulb Site:
    "You're eligible if you receive qualifying criteria from both sections:
    1. receive income support And a qualifying criteria from (A)

2. receive income-related Employment and Support Allowance which includes a work-related activity or support component And a qualifying criteria from (A)

3. receive Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance AND a qualifying criteria from (A)

4. are in receipt of universal credit, and your annual income is less than £16,190 and are employed, self-employed or not in work AND a qualifying criteria from (B)

5. receive child tax credit by virtue of an award which is based on your annual income being less than £16,190 AND a qualifying criteria from (C)

(A) if 1, 2 or 3, also have one of the following:
    have a child under the age of 5 who ordinarily resides with you
    receive one of the following in addition to Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    A disabled child premium
    A disability premium (or one of the following: Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance), enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    A pensioner premium, high pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium

(B) If 4, have one of the following:
    is in receipt of the limited capability for work element, with or without a work-related activity element
    is in receipt of the disabled child element
    has parent responsibility for a child under the age of 5 who ordinarily resides with you

(C) If 5, have one of the following:
    has parent responsibility for a child under the age of 5 who ordinarily resides with you
    receives the disability or severe disability element of child tax credit
    receives a disabled child premium"
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Dandytf
    Evening those kind enough to take time to reply.
    During tonight's online switch from sse to bulb
    I haven't yet found time to review 2018/2109 sse whd criteria.
    To clear up what I read from Bulb I don't receive benefits from both sections though I re iterate I do and did qualify for w.h.d. with SP and SSE.
    1. Since moving to part time work hours+salary I'm in low earner group i.e. much lower than the quoted 16k approx.
    2. Not going into personal detail though in terms of M.S. and benefits I receive
    PIP+WTC (working tax credits)+disability element.

From reading 2018/2019 bulbs whd eligibility -If I qualify then I would be applying for Broader Group.
    Though let's take low earner part which then leads me to choose one Benefit from B -
    is in receipt of the limited capability for work element, with or without a work-related activity element
    is in receipt of the disabled child element
    Which means I DON'T meet any from B therefore I cannot apply for whd with Bulb unless as I recently mentioned Bulb change there criteria to include more benefits.
    The only part I haven't answered specifically is was it my low earner + either pip or wtc that met SP+SSE's whd criteria during 2017-2019 -i.e. one year each.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    "I don't receive benefits from both sections"

Then you don't qualify, as you don't receive an income-based benefit.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Dandytf
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    "I don't receive benefits from both sections"

Then you don't qualify, as you don't receive an income-based benefit.

Exactly which means SP+SSE offered a wider criteria.
  • I would from personal experience NOT change supplier to one of the smaller ones.

I was in receipt of the WHD from EDF and moved to Utilita. They have limited funds for WHD and unless you are on IS and have small children you are highly unlikely to receive it.

I have applied 4 years in a row. Each time doing so in the 1st hour after applications opened and have never been given it!
  • I should have said, I get ESA (support group) and Pip standard rate daily Living and enhanced rate Mobility and I am still classed as broader group.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,910 Forumite
    lilyclay wrote: »
    I should have said, I get ESA (support group) and Pip standard rate daily Living and enhanced rate Mobility and I am still classed as broader group.
    Only those claiming guaranteed pension credit are in the core group. Everyone else is the broader group.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure