PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 10th April 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    It's blummin freezing as I found out while putting some recycling in the bin........ brrrrrrrrrr!
    The WM is on and I might try to dry it on the whirly as it's windy, but I will have dress up as Nanuk of the North just to hang it out :rotfl:
    We will be dismantling our old chair today (it's so heavy we have to take it to bits to move it ) and hope that nothing stops the new one arriving. (We do have a spare arm chair if necessary.) Dad is going to his club this afternoon then back here for his tea......we will have fish pie and veg and MR Fix It will have chicken steak and chips.
    I am hoping for a calm day, no more crises for me thank you very much :rotfl:. I'm even avoiding the news again today, it's driving me up the wall lately :mad:.

Nelski :naughty::naughty: There's always one who laughs, isn't there ? I am so glad that everyone was ok but they were both very shaken up and I'm really glad that it wasn't Dad at the bottom of the stairs, as he wouldn't been able to move out of the way quick enough :eek:. I bet the roofer is stiff and sore this morning though and he wasn't a youngster, he was about 60.
    taff I hope all goes well today my friend :A. Lots of love and gentle hugs coming your way.
    Camelot enjoy your overnighter
    Take care all, hugs to anyone who wants or needs one.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone....haven't posted for a bit but I do try to read every evening. I am on holiday now for 2 weeks...so have been enjoying extra time with DD and little grand daughter. She is doing really well and weighs over 7lb now. I had her to stay last night so her mummy could have a decent sleep....it wasn't too bad...baby was up for a feed just after 3 and then not till 7ish.
    I'm off to Stockholm tomorrow to visit eldest DD ….I haven't seen her since she moved there in February and I'm really looking forward to it. I have a big suitcase full of all her summer clothes to take which she couldn't manage when she moved. Also Easter goodies and lots of bits she needs...toothpaste, paracetamol, deodorant,,,all of which are expensive in Sweden.
    The cats are getting picked up by the lady from the cattery about 2pm...big cat has been going crazy since I brought the cat boxes in from the shed...I have the cat flap locked so he can't escape!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all.

It's been a busy old time at DM towers. During the night DM wanted me three times, this morning the carer arrived dead on the dot of 10a.m closely followed by the district nurse. A delivery of two cushions from the OT team was next, then the GP and then the physio!

Carer was great, DM up and washed and the bed linen changed. Unfortunately that has been the high point of the day - the GP wants DM back in hospital as she's getting so much worse. Actually, it's a relief as she can then get back to being better with proper nursing care and daily rehab. We're just waiting for the ambulance now.

An envelope of my mail arrived this morning courtesy of my friends on holiday. Nothing too excitng except a wedding invitation for 18 May in Berlin - a definite maybe!

Taff - I hope all went well this morning.
    dp1 - have a fab time in Stockholm
    AOD - have a hug!
    Snoozer - enjoy Ziggy

AND everyone else - have as great a day as possible. Happy rest of Wednesday.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    Options
    Gers I'm so sorry that your DM has had to go back into hospital. I hope that she can improve there.
    dp1 enjoy your holiday and I hope you managed to catch the cat !

Well the new chair arrived........ early :j. The delivery men called about half 11 and wanted to deliver....yes, yes and thrice yes :T.
    We have demolished most of the old one, but Mr Fit It wanted to save some of the leather as he has a project in mind, so we only have the back to do now. The sun came out so it was broken up on the patio, so no mess except a quick brush up and the washing has also dried outside :j.
    I will probably be late posting tomorrow as I have the dentist in the morning and DGD's Easter Parade in the afternoon.
    Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all. Turned out sunny after all today although it was chilly when I got the recycling bins in this morning.

We have booked 3 nights in Weymouth on 14, 15 and 16th May. Staying in a seafront hotel in a room with a sea view. John is really looking forward to a break and going by train. He is having a nap atm as he is going to yrain club this evening.

Gers your Mum will get good care in hospital and you will be able to get some sleep
    Have a hug. taff hope the radio goes ok.

Hugs to all and have a good afternoon.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks folks!

I've been clearing things up in DM's room, washing towels and bed linen and piling up the medication. I've cancelled the nurses, the carers and the physio. I've bought one of those tiny bottles of wine to console myself with and will just relax. DM is still in the assessment unit of GRI and will be moved to a ward when test results are in and a bed is available. Tomorrow will be quiet with just her cleaner coming in.

DM being back in hospital is the best move for now so it's a 'good thing'.

I hope that everyone's day has panned out well.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    SO, hope the visit passes well, does she do puzzles at all?

No, she doesn't do anything
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure