Help needed re MR address for UC

My partner closed his claim down (universal credit) last week but wants to appeal the decision for the 6 months he was on UC. He was placed in wrag group but feels he should’ve been in support group. I have written out a MR for him and enclosed evidence but have no clue where to send it. The decision letter has no address on it, just says he can write in his journal to do his MR, obviously he can’t do this now as he no longer has an account. When I rang UC last they said he couldn’t appeal now as his account is closed so didn’t give me an address to send the MR to but this is false information as he’s entitled to appeal the decision for the time he was on UC. Does anyone know the address for a mandatory reconsideration on universal credit? He lived in Wolverhampton at the time of claiming (now Walsall)

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    teabag29 wrote: »
    My partner closed his claim down (universal credit) last week but wants to appeal the decision for the 6 months he was on UC. He was placed in wrag group but feels he should’ve been in support group. I have written out a MR for him and enclosed evidence but have no clue where to send it. The decision letter has no address on it, just says he can write in his journal to do his MR, obviously he can’t do this now as he no longer has an account. When I rang UC last they said he couldn’t appeal now as his account is closed so didn’t give me an address to send the MR to but this is false information as he’s entitled to appeal the decision for the time he was on UC. Does anyone know the address for a mandatory reconsideration on universal credit? He lived in Wolverhampton at the time of claiming (now Walsall)

This will help:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/problems-with-your-payment/challenging-a-universal-credit-decision-mandatory-consideration/
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Freepost DWP
    Universal Credit Full Service

or

Freepost DWP
    Universal Credit Live Service
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure