GE Money

Options
Has anybody ever claimed any charges back from GE Money - successfully?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lots and lots have

Lots and lots haven't
  • dette48
    dette48 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    So it's worth a try?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dette48 wrote: »
    So it's worth a try?
    Depends on your complaint.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How we can we say if its worth a try if we dont know what you are looking to complain about? Or when you had it (as that is important) and whether it was directly arranged or via a broker.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jazzyjustlaw
    Options
    I wrote to GE last week to complain I was missold PPI. In 1997 I took out three store cards. I was at University, with no job. I was told on each occasion to tick that I wanted PPI or I wouldn’t get the card. It wouldn’t have paid out as I was a student! I got a reply today they have no records. I think I might and it’s a big might have some bank statements showing payments of the cards. Will that Help? If I cannot find them is it case closed? Will a PPI company be more successful?
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think I might and it’s a big might have some bank statements showing payments of the cards.

No. That will just show payments to the card, not whether you had PPI.

Claims companies have no special powers and cannot do anything you can't.

They will also charge you a fee if they find out you have already complained.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will that Help?

probably not as the direct debit reference is rarely the account number.
    If I cannot find them is it case closed?
    yes
    Will a PPI company be more successful?

no. The CMC does not have any records about you. Only you and your lenders do. If neither have any records then a CMC cannot magic them up.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In 1997 I took out three store cards.
    Two decades ago and eight years prior to regulation
    I got a reply today they have no records.
    Hardly surprising 21 years on.
    I think I might have some bank statements showing payments
    Bank statements won't show PPI (if you had it) nor the account numbers , of course.
    If I cannot find them is it case closed?
    I would expect even with bank statements the complaint is over. To stand any chance you'd need actual store card statements with PPI itemised on a separate line.
    Will a PPI company be more successful?
    How would a PPI company suddenly find documentary proof which neither you nor the bank have?
    A claim company would simply charge you fully a third (plus VAT) of any redress you might win, but they can't magic up documents...
    They'd also charge you a fee for wasting their time when they discovered you've already complained.
  • dette48
    Options
    Quite a long story really - we had a mortgage with them, my husband lost his job, we got into financial difficulties - explained our problems to them throughout and struggled to keep up - constant late payment fees and interest continued to be added, despite our efforts. Eventually went through Mortgage Rescue Scheme and took a loan from the council - which we have now paid and we rent our property for more than our original mortgage payments, renting from Housing Association. I just wondered if I could maybe claim back any charges - it may not be possible but - if you don't ask....
  • dette48
    Options
    It has nothing to do with Store Cards or Credit Cards, I have never had Store Cards, and any Credit Card, I had was paid IN FULL. I had a brilliant Credit record until GE Money came into my life - For the last 7 or 8 years I have no credit whatsoever. I simply think we were treated unfairly - so please don't judge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure