Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Comments

• Onbudsman wrote: »
    :rotfl:

Just for menial clarity, do you have anything positive to say in regards to EE rogcal.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Does anyone? :mad:

Apart of course from the completely delusional Jo Robertson who has probably been hiding and blubbing in the toilets each and every day since November. :D

That's if she hasn't already been made to walk the plank of shame for being incompetent, done the honorable thing and fallen on her sword or as is the case in many businesses these days, been promoted upwards where she can't do further damage to the business.
    Dear MSE members,

I’d like to offer a formal and personal response from myself, Jo Robertson, Head of Operations at extraenergy, in the hope that I can renew your confidence in our business.

I’d firstly like to reassure you that the majority of our customers are very happy (our supplier’s service rating is ‘70% great’ with moneysavingexpert) so I take your feedback very seriously, especially when it’s highlighting shortfalls in our levels of service.

As a business our main objective is to save customers money by being the most competitive supplier on the market. At the same time, it’s not our intention to skimp on service and I’d like to apologise if you feel we haven’t hit the mark in this area. Like any start-up business we have our challenges and things don’t always go to plan, BUT, we’re working hard to get it right and we’re almost there.

Having read through every comment on the forum I see the two biggest concerns are the online portal and billing which I’d like to address individually:

My extraenergy
    I’d like to apologise for the delay to increasing the functionality on our online portal. I know this is frustrating and I’m disappointed that we’ve not been able to provide what we promised a number of months ago.

Here is a summary of our current position:
    • Meter readings: Customers can currently enter reads to help ensure the accuracy of their statements.
    • Bills and payments: Customers can download their bills and statements, and as soon as they are available we’ll send you a notification email. To date we’ve generated nearly 6000 bills / statements. We’re also testing functionality that lets you see all payments, credits and bills associated with your account, so you can track these in-between statements.
    • Manage my Direct Debit: This is being tested and allows you the flexibility to change your Direct Debit date and control the amount you want to pay within our safe guidelines, helping you to avoid large bills.
    • Make a payment: The ability to make an online card payment is currently being tested. In the meantime if you call us we can take payments over the phone.
    • My details: Customers can currently update their personal details e.g contact details, password etc.

Our main objective is to ensure the portal is working correctly before making new functionality live. This has been much harder than anticipated, but we’re confident it’ll be live shortly.

Billing
    Please be assured that we do have a functioning billing system (not SAP). The company developing our billing system is German (hence the reference to Germany in post #468). We’re checking every statement and bill as we believe it’s most important that each one is as accurate as possible. This has meant we’ve been slower at sending these out than intended – but we’re not far behind catching up.

Attiya has explained how our billing and metering processes work (I appreciate it’s not a simple process) and if you’ve any further questions around your specific circumstances please contact her on the blogresponse@ email. Attiya is trying very hard to help forum members and I’m sure you’ll agree she’s doing a great job.

I’d like to reassure you that we are an experienced and committed senior management team who, between us, has many years’ experience in the energy industry. I moved to head up the Operations Team at extraenergy because I wanted the opportunity to work for an energy company that is both competitive and delivers a high level of service. Whilst we haven’t been able to deliver this for some of you yet, please rest assured my team and I are 100% committed to making this happen.

I promise you that everyone at extraenergy is working hard to meet our customer’s needs – including catching up with statement delivery and improving online functionality.

Many thanks,

Jo Robertson.

Which reminds me a bit like Extra Energy's bills the next thrilling installment of Corporate Bull Crappers Customer Magazine is now long overdue.

Head of Operations - Vorsprung durch Technik my bottom! :rotfl:
  • Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    Does anyone? :mad:

Apart of course from the completely delusional Jo Robertson who has probably been hiding and blubbing in the toilets each and every day since November. :D

That's if she hasn't already been made to walk the plank of shame for being incompetent, done the honorable thing and fallen on her sword or as is the case in many businesses these days, been promoted upwards where she can't do further damage to the business.

Which reminds me a bit like Extra Energy's bills the next thrilling installment of Corporate Bull Crappers Customer Magazine is now long overdue.

Head of Operations - Vorsprung durch Technik my bottom! :rotfl:

Ive just spent more of my time reading old posts {should have read}, cant believe some of you have been having issues for so long.

All these weeks later...........
    Date of that post above :silenced:
    18-11-2014, 5:26 PM

Would be nice for someone from EE to take the onus and actually do the decent thing, it will give you some credit.... :cool:
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Onbudsman wrote: »
    Thanks Mable, one would think they would be called Extra Energy lol.

Why on earth is EE still campaigning for yet more customers when they cant handle what they already have on the books!

That tells me EE could not give a damn and simply are going for the £££.

Same old issues being raised on Twitter too.

You need to send them a direct message via Twitter and keep sending the same message until someone answers. You then keep pestering and pestering them via Twitter again in a nice way until your issues are resolved.

Fine looking through the archived messages but now is the time to be pro active.
  • poggs
    poggs Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I joined in june 2014.

Left in march 2015 to move to the MSE switch to sainsburys (frying pan to fire!)

I've never had a bill Never had a follow up answer to any emails. not yet had a final bill.

MY account says its £1035 in credit.

But as they've never charged me a penny for energy, who knows what it actually is!

However they have managed to remove the £12 government rebate I got last year for some reason.

Terrible service.
  • MABLE
    poggs wrote: »
    I joined in june 2014.

Left in march 2015 to move to the MSE switch to sainsburys (frying pan to fire!)

I've never had a bill Never had a follow up answer to any emails. not yet had a final bill.

MY account says its £1035 in credit.

But as they've never charged me a penny for energy, who knows what it actually is!

However they have managed to remove the £12 government rebate I got last year for some reason.

Terrible service.

Plenty of online tools to help calculate your bill.
  • violetta
    violetta Posts: 2,624 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2015 at 12:15PM
    MABLE wrote: »
    You need to send them a direct message via Twitter and keep sending the same message until someone answers. You then keep pestering and pestering them via Twitter again in a nice way until your issues are resolved.

Fine looking through the archived messages but now is the time to be pro active.

Isn't it sad, though, that this is necessary to get resolution of what is essentially a very simple issue.

EE should not need asking at all to make a refund of any credit once a customer has left them, let alone determined pestering.

It makes me concerned that customer services at the initial point of contact do not have the power/tools/capability (whatever) to immediately sort out this sort of problem.
    A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion
  • MABLE
    violetta wrote: »
    Isn't it sad, though, that this is necessary to get resolution of what is essentially a very simple issue.

EE should not need asking at all to make a refund of any credit once a customer has left them, let alone determined pestering.

It makes me concerned that customer services at the initial point of contact do not have the power/tools/capability (whatever) to immediately sort out this sort of problem.

Agree entirely. It is very sad and this company has put me off using a small operator again. Its was only through continually keeping on to them I eventually got everything resolved. However I have to thank two people in EE who made this happen.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2015 at 11:28AM
    14 April 2015
    I'm definitely going to cancel my dd now as i really don't want any credit on my account, just don't feel i want to take that risk with so many people having issues with final bills that have dragged on for so long.

Just to re-cap, flow energy advised switch in 2-3 weeks from today, my EE dd of £91 would be due 28th April & we're approx. £5 in credit for charges unbilled to todays reads.

i never got a reply to either email that i sent to EE advising why i'd cancelled my DD, no surprise there.

Flow Energy have emailed today to request meter reads as switch over is tomorrow, all within stated timescale. i've entered reads online with Flow (link from their email) & on my EE account too.

calculated final use with EE to today's reads & we'll owe them approx. £27 (if exit fees get waived). glad i did cancel the DD on that basis as there seems to have been no improvement in the situation with EE in the past few weeks.

i'm nearly free! i certainly won't be chasing EE for the final bill :p
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    MABLE wrote: »
    Agree entirely. It is very sad and this company has put me off using a small operator again. Its was only through continually keeping on to them I eventually got everything resolved. However I have to thank two people in EE who made this happen.
    Don't be put off the small fish. I get my gas from a supplier that makes EE look like a giant. Prompt e-mail replies and a bill every month. Tariff switch at end of term, account refund - money actually in my bank ! - and dd reduction all done during the same day. The only downside was they would not switch even internally without penalty but then they do not have a big customer base to even out any losses. They are still top of the tariff list for gas only.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i thought twice about going to Flow Energy as they're another small supplier, but it's a tariff with no exit fees & feedback on here (& elsewhere) is limited (which i take as a good sign!) & generally positive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure