BEWARE - Corgi HomePlan

Comments

• The 7 yr old Bosch Worcester boiler in our bungalow is situated in the loft. At 10 pm I went into a main bedroom to find water in the carpet and also in the adjacent bedroom. I inspected the loft to find the boiler profusely leaking water and running down inside a studded wall to the two bedrooms below. I managed to drain the central heating system but the boiler continued to leak. I rang Corgi emergency helpline only to be told there would be someone attending within 24hrs. I protested and pointed out the water was still flowing but got no improved response. I waited a while and rang again only to be told the same with the repeated indifference.
    I am not a plumber so after a while turned the water off at the mains and eventually the water ceased to run. I spent the early hours of the morning using a Vax to suck up the water from the two bedrooms. The engineer eventually came at approx. 1:30pm the following day, I believe due to my email complaint to their Customer Service Dept. The Corgi website quotes a response of within 24hrs but where there is a gas leak or "Running Water" the response will be within 2 hrs.
    I paid £240 per year for an emergency breakdown service for my boiler and the peace of mind that it should bring. I believe the resultant water damage would have been reduced if Corgi had responded as they should. If I had been an elderly lady or someone disabled or infirm then the resulting damage would have been considerably more.

I leave the reader to come to their own conclusions and to asses the merits of relying on Corgi for their EMERGENCY Service. I will not be!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Beagler wrote: »
    The 7 yr old Bosch Worcester boiler in our bungalow is situated in the loft.

<snip the rest>
    That's now three times you have posted this.

Did you read those rules you agreed to yesterday?
  • Mrs_Z
    Mrs_Z Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Just found this thread as I was about to sign for CORGI homeplan who are advertising their cover for less than half of a similar one from British Gas. I dont think I will bother now given the negative reviews unless they have dramatically improved in the last couple of years. It repeats the same old saying....'you get what you pay for'...

Thanks again for MSE forum!!!
  • FGW
    FGW Posts: 2 Newbie
    We fell for it! We signed up with them a few years back. Only ever had one service. We reported our timer was faulty - the switch simply slides around doing nothing. They never did anything about it. Then a few weeks back we reported that the boiler had developed a leak. They sent an engineer who texted us around midnight to arrange times to come round. When he did get to us a few days after he said the "diverter valve" needed to be replaced and he would order one. Next we heard - a month after was when we rang up as the leak hasn't gone away, they are saying that this part is obsolete, they are not going to replace anything and there was nothing they were going to do. The boiler is less than ten years old. Maybe the part has gone obsolete, but are there not reconditioned parts? Does the insurance not actually insure anything? I am going to be writing to the Managing Director:

Mr Mark Leslie Managing Director

Email m.leslie@corgihomeplan.co.uk

Postal Address 1 Masterton Park, South Castle Drive, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8NXM
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Good luck with that. They are a waste of space.

No doubt you have been paying some extortionate monthly premium for basically no service at all.

It's time they were taken to the Office of Fair Trading :mad: .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• dazavfcuj
    dazavfcuj Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 October 2016 at 7:05PM
    As an engineer that used to contract to this outfit we became more and more disgruntled want us to carry out services which were not services, questioning our diagnostics and then refusing to pay using every trick in the book to get out of paying engineers.
    When engineers log into the network Corgi show Engineers there callout stats

Average Callout Cost
    Average Callout Hours
    Fault Found at Service Ratio
    Callout Acceptance Ratio

Engineers are then penalised for finding faults on a service to the point where they will stop using you. You are also penalised for how long you are on a job, call out costs etc If engineers are being pushed to carry out a inspection in 20-25 minutes not mark down faults incase they get removed something is wrong.
    Customers believe they are getting a service when in fact all they get are little more than a glorified inspection which is not right.
    We have had so much hassle contracting for this company its untrue and also see how they wriggle out of paying by blaming sludge for just about everything.
    If you want to protect your boiler get a decent Gas Safe Engineer, get your boiler serviced (a proper service) regular and don’t trust these if they are losing engineers because they don’t like the way they operate says volumes how they treat the customers.

Needless to say were off not having this company destroy our good name

P.S Corgi is nothing to do with the old Corgi gas body
  • Loanranger
    Loanranger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    I have just cancelled my contract with Corgi Home Plan. When I rang to reprt that my boiler was not working, they craftily asked me to describe what was wrong with it. I fell straight into the trap they had set. The rude woman said we were not covered and refused to send an engineer to properly diagnose the fault.
    If you are a Corgi Home Plan customer, do not say anything about why you think the boiler is not working, simply say it wont work and say no more.
    My husband mended it, it would have been covered. I cancelled the contract the next day.
    Avoid them.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has had a satisfactory dealing with this shower of %$£@ :mad: .
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• I was thinking of switching when a leaflet came through the door, but I think I'll stick with BG now. At least I know that they are reliable...
  • I was thinking of switching when a leaflet came through the door, but I think I'll stick with BG now. At least I know that they are reliable...

We have been with BG for years now, the Homecare 200 package

Got an "automatic renewal" this week - an 18% increase on last years cost.

One phone call and about 20 minutes of exchange of vioews and the price was dropped to £2 less than last years price.

Sharp practice or what?
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback