Finding Account numbers for PPI

I have followed Martin's steps to prepare letters to all Banks I have had accounts with, however....
I registered with all the credit agencies to retrieve details of past accounts (about a dozen), but these agencies only provide the last 4 digits of accounts that I had. Can I send the letters with just this info (plus the account opening date), or do I need the full account number? If so, how do I get it?
Many thanks
Dan

Comments

• Either from your own records or a SAR to the lender.

But I wouldn't do a SAR unless they cannot find you first time round.
  • Shoedog wrote: »
    I
    I registered with all the credit agencies to retrieve details of past accounts (about a dozen), but these agencies only provide the last 4 digits of accounts that I had. Can I send the letters with just this info
    Yes you can refer to accounts appearing on your credit file and it should be easy for banks to identify them.

However, since only the last six years of finance is shown, do you know for certain that you had any PPI?

Certainly, it's very unlikely that you will have still held PPI on twelve accounts in the last six years. By 2010, PPI was no longer available from the big lenders (unless it was mortgage PPI which is a useful insurance still retailed today).

No point making a PPI "complaint" until you know for certain whether you ever had a policy...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure