The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Should I apply?

Comments

• It’s a good thing, they wouldn’t waste there time asking for ID just to decline you. As long as you gave correct information on your application you can expect to accepted.

I suspect if you call and ask them they will tell you it’s approved pending ID.
  • Final Update -

I just spoke to a guy on the phone about verifying my documents to see if if the pictures I uploaded were okay and he said yes then congratulated me for being accepted.
  • Just to clarify these were uploaded or posted? Also what limit did you get?
  • Uploaded them. I don't know about the limit yet, but I know it will be low since it's my first ever credit card. I guess I'll have to wait and I assume it will be with the documents that come with the card.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    Which particular AMEX card have you been accepted for?
  • Please update this when you know, it will help others. Thanks
  • It won’t help others in determining what limit they’ll get.

Since everyone is different...
  • No it won’t help others asses what limit they will get but perhaps it gives an indication of what things can be looked at even if the person was generally looking at credit builder cards.
  • Hi everyone,

It was the platinum everyday cashback credit card.
  • Well done! - Times have definitely changed, AMEX used to be one of the strictest lenders when it came to applying for their cards. It is a Great card for cash back though (I cancelled my plat charge card a few years ago and have been using the everyday credit card ever since)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure