Things can only get better

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Woo hoo it's Friday :)

Met up with my work friend for a drink in the pub at lunchtime and we had a lovely natter, we haven't seen each other for a week LOL. Made a glass of wine last me an hour and a half but then I did have to go back to work :)

Autumn has well and truly arrived here - the leaves are falling at lightening speed, although it's forecast 30 degrees for next week! Might have to start getting out my Autumn/Winter clothes, I was hoping to cling onto summer until we go on holiday.

Only two more working weeks to holiday :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • It's a bit chilly here first thing in the morning and last thing at night, but not cold enough for winter clothes yet thankfully. I have got out a couple of blankets for the evenings though.

Your lunch time meet up sounds good.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pleased to hear your planning a shopping day and that you are on the countdown to the sun again.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • I know I don't say much but that you are amazing SA and that I love the fact you go on holiday but both these things remain true!

I do think the day off shopping sounds good too :)

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Really wish I was jetting back off again SA!!!! Temps of 30, think that must be just at your end as were not so fortunate next week :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• milann
    Hope your paint arrived and you are enjoying painting :D
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    How did we get back to Sunday so quickly!

Paint not here yet milann - but I had an email today to say it had been despatched - so looks like next weekend will be the painting weekend.

Been super busy most of the weekend, will be going back to work for a rest tomorrow! Yesterday we went to order the rest of the stuff for the garden (patio slabs, stones, edging bricks and some more stepping stones). This meant I had to miss WW as wouldn't have time to go to the builders merchants and meet DS and family at lunchtime.

The builders merchants is a local place and made me smile when the bloke on the counter was totting up the cost the old fashioned way with a pencil and paper. Where I live is like the land time forgot!

So £142 spent on quite a bit of stuff for the garden and will stop Mr SA hassling me as he wants to get on with it before the weather starts getting bad.

Met up with DS and family at the local park that's a bit further than the one across the road. The GKs had a great time collecting conkers.

Today I've got loads done: cleaned the whole house, done some weeding, got my autumn/winter clothes out and packed away the majority of my summer clothes, made a banana loaf, checked in online for holiday, booked the airport lounge and did my Mr M online shop.

It's been really mild here the past two days and quite windy so great drying days.

Had a look at the past week's progress towards monthly goals and looking like this:

Extra exercise 4/12
    NSD 2/8
    AFD 4/12

Decluttering - another big bag of clothes for charity shop, I was really ruthless packing away summer stuff and have got rid of things I don't wear or like anymore.

VSP £404.08
    Emergency fund £4000
    Debt £2180

Another £5 paid off the vet bill so now can start using my 100 square countdown. £500 to go - it's on the CC which will need to be cleared at the end of this month but I'm going to lend it myself and pay myself back.

10 more work get ups to holiday :)
  • All sounding positive :T.

Have a great week Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • milann
    Sounds like you've done loads today:beer::j
    Can you send me some of your get up and go - mine has well and truly gone :o
    Plans for the garden sound exiting too - it'll keep Mr SA busy
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    I haven't got that much get up and go milann I'm just pushing myself at the moment when all I really want to do is chill but there's so much to do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure