* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    doesnt look as nice today weatherwise, but no rain at least. DGS meets his Work Experience boss today, a local motor mechanic/engineer. Hope it goes well, it is so good that locally these firms are prepared to offer this opportunity every year. DGS had hoped to do his W.E.with a landscape gardener as that is what he wants to do, but no luck, so this is a good second choice.
    Have been busy this weekend preparing PIP appeals for 2 friends, hopefully be ready to send in by the end of the week.
    Contacted the man who is going to do the conservatory roof, he said 6-8 weeks to start , and 4-5 days to do it, so hopefully done before l go to China in August.
    Well done Chrissy -G on motivating hubby, and 0462 that is tremendous weight loss. Are you on one of those meal replacement ones? my friend is doing one of them and she has lost loads and looks tremendous, l doubt l would have the will power.
    GTQ, your initial mugs inspired me, but when l got to the local Clintons they had none, must see if they are available online.
    It was the Christening of my Great Nephew on Sunday, lovely day, really enjoyed it, got my cuddle quota and then some! His mum goes back to work next month, the time has really flown by.
    Gosh, whilst writing this l have eaten a full punnet of raspberries that were destined for jam, oops.
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Good Morning all,

The sun is out but it is not as warm today, a bit windy but still nice. I am going to spend some time house hunting today. Time is ticking away and we still have not seen our house. We have seen some nice homes but not had the "THIS IS THE ONE" feeling. Am I expecting too much?

Chrissyg- Hope dds hospital appt went well.
    Mrs I- I am doing the keto diet so I do eat on it. Probably have one or two meals a day as you are just not hungry on it all. I cannot believe how well it works for me. Would recommend it to anybody as I find it hard to stay on any diet but have been doing this for 6 weeks and love it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    04624181 wrote: »

Chrissyg- Hope dds hospital appt went well.

Her healing is on track so that’s good , her next xray will be in 3 months again . The orthodo Dr finally said she can go swimming so that’s a boost for her she loves swimming I’m sure in a previous life she was a dolphin.
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Chrissy G- Fantastic news, lol that would make a good slogan for a tshirt. In my previous life I was a mermaid xx
  • princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,270
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    :bdaycake: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JAKES MUM! I hope you had a lovely day. :bdaycake:

_party_ And dropsofjupiter - not sure if you're still reading? _party_

Hi all, Squeak is having a nap so I’m just catching up. He had his 9mth review a few weeks ago and the health visitor said his head measurement was tracking too high on the scale so she referred us to the GP, when we went to the GP she measured it differently and said it was within tolerances. They had a chat behind the scenes and we were summoned back to the doctors, she measured him again and her measurement was a bit bigger but still within the tolerances – so she’s referred us to the hospital to get a 3rd opinion! We couldn’t get an appointment for about 6 weeks so hopefully nothing is wrong! I think it might be much ado about nothing, he is a very happy baby and developing well and hitting all of his milestones. Unfortunately a human measuring a baby’s head with a tape measure is open to lots or error!

Well we did watch the royal wedding in the end, after DH initially said he wasn’t going to watch it on his birthday he was the one that wanted to watch it the most! :rotfl: We ended up having a carpet picnic in the lounge! A lot of people were moaning very much in the lead up to it, but I just think what a lovely reason for everyone to come together and celebrate. Even if you’re not that interested it’s a great opportunity to get together with friends and family and have a cuppa or a glass of bubbly! Unfortunately we are brought together as a nation more often through things like terrorism, it was nice to come together for something positive.

04624181 oh my goodness I can’t believe you have 3 things to treat on your foot now! And what a long waiting list! It’s frustrating when something needs sorting but you can’t just get on with it. Good luck with the private physio and I hope you can get on with all of the treatment ASAP. Well done with the weight loss, good work! I don’t think you’re expecting too much when it comes to finding a new house, you want it to feel like home and you don’t want to settle for just anything, it’s a very big decision to make.

Treasurequeen good luck with the ESA form!
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good afternoon everyone :wave:

Thank you for the birthday wishes Princesskitty :) and happy belated birthday to your DH as well

MrsInvisible - I hope your friends Tribunals go well, really detest the MR system, especially as they say up to 8 weeks for the 'we're not changing the decision' letter, but must jump through the hoops :( I really don't understand anyone who says how easy it is to get benefits! it really really isn't :eek: its one of the most stressful things we have to go through every 2 years!

04624181 - Very well done on your weight loss, that is fantastic :j :j So sorry about all the problems with your foot, my MIL has diabetes and has terrible problems with her feet, she also has sported the moon boot on a few occasions.

ChrissyG - glad your DD is on track with her healing, good news about the swimming too :)

Good luck with your ESA TreasureQueen, so stressful!

Well after sending my letter in to ESA about making my face 2 face meeting into a home visit, I had a phonecall yesterday cancelling my F2F as my notes had not arrived :huh: I explained I had applied over a week ago for a home visit and was told 'oh thats handled by another department, they should get in touch with you' . . so this one department just lets your department have no shows??

We watched the wedding on saturday and I thought it was lovely, they both looked so happy! I don't care if they are royals, it was really nice to see two people who looked so very much in love getting married, and I really hope they both enjoy a lifetime of happiness as I firmly believe everyone deserves that royal or not. I watched way more of it than I meant too, even put back my birthday lunch so I could watch them leave the church :o

Still no christmassy stuff going on, i've lost my christmassy mojo a bit and I really want to keep it a bit more low key this year
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening everyone, I hope everyone is well,

VULPIX I hope you are ok and just busy enjoying your teaching

CHRISSY glad DDs leg is still healing nicely. I think coach holidays are a lot less stressful than flying and you can get to some really fab places now

JAKESMUM oh how annoying about the face to face being cancelled, you work yourself into such a tizzy for nothing to happen, then have to go through it again. Yes I am hoping for a low key Christmas this year as well, its just the 3 of us on Christmas day this year as it is DD2 turn to go to the in laws.

PRINCESSKITTY omg I love that your DH messaged him and contacted his football club haha. What an absolute little ****, a bit of money and they lose their scruples. I have never been on a committee at school because it just isn't my thing, and you always get bossy, knowitalls, but you cant do anymore than you have done trying to get something started. Oh poor squeak I hope everything is ok, did they not give you any information so you don't start imagining all sorts of things? He sounds as if he is doing so well, and is happy. DD2 is going through it as nursery told her yesterday they think Thumper will have to go to a special school, they don't think he will cope if he went to a local school, they have told her to push more now he is in the system

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY oh poor you, the coverage has been non stop all week, I can imagine how annoying it must be for someone not interested in all the coverage

04624181 ah my twins are twins with your DD birthday :) glad she had a fab sleepover. No wonder you have been in so much pain having 3 different things wrong with your foot, I hope you start getting better with the physio. I don't think you are expecting too much, there isn't any point moving if you don't get what you want, there is a house out there waiting for you. What sort of foods are you eating on your keto diet? 30lb is fab!! MURIE says she isn't hungry on it either

MRSINVISIBLE I hope DGS is enjoying his work experience. That's great news about your conservatory roof

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • princesskitty29
    Forumite
    Oh my goodness i've just been reminded about why I don't start any threads or ask any questions on this forum!! I started a thread asking about party bag fillers, but I just knew some people would take time out of their lives to slate me for it! I am never straying out of our thread again, it's just too negative and people always put you down. :( Just needed to vent, will catch up properly later when I have more time. xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    04624181 sent you a pm.

Well Amazon basket ordered and hubbys birthday gift too , my bank card is feeling a little sorry for itself now though !
    Last year when we were in Boscastle he saw a print and couldnt decide whether or not to get it , he's always regretted not buying it so ive managed to find it , so thats his birthday organised other than the fudge i will order nearer the time.

After saying "never again" i have agreed to take Dd to another comicon event . I am a glutton for punishment lol .
  • princesskitty29
    Forumite
    Oh my goodness I am never leaving this lovely thread again! I was silly earlier and responded to the negative people, I pm’d them too – I only copied and pasted what I wrote on the thread as I thought they might not see my response, but I really don’t know why I care what they think. I don’t really know what came over me, I’m not really a hothead and I don’t like conflict so it’s made me feel a bit on edge tonight. :( I can’t delete the thread either which is frustrating as I just want it gone! I have learned two things today – don’t start any other threads and don’t reply to things in the heat of the moment! Oh and don’t take things personally! Thanks CHRISSY for your comment on my post though. :)

jakes-mum that’s frustrating about your F2F appointment, I hope they sort it out ASAP!

freespirit oh that must be hard for your DD, do you mind me asking why they think that about his school? We’re not too worried at the moment about Squeak as the doctor doesn’t really have any concerns. She did tell us that one of the main reasons for an enlarged head is fluid not draining away properly but she doesn’t think this is the case and is just referring us as a precaution. Let’s hope she’s right!

CHRISSY I have never been to a comicon event – they look interesting! :p

Right, I’m off to make a cup of tea and eat lots of chocolate!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure