Starting over 2017

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Dorastar wrote: »
    Tired.com but still not spending much, so able to stash away a fair amount at the moment.

Sorry that you are tired but good news on the stashing away a fair bit :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    All good, just tired, early mornings are not me after so many months out of work!
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • Dorastar
    Busy day on supply again, year 6 in the morning, year 2 in the afternoon. Pretty lazy weekend ahead with just some side hustle work to get done. Car going in for MOT on Monday so got to get one new tyre tomorrow or it will fail.
  • Dorastar
    Half term for my kids but other areas are still in so I am doing 4 days supply. Plan is to stash this money as I won't get any real holiday pay when all schools are closed. Car MOT & brake linings not as costly as I had thought so that's a relief too.
  • beanielou
    Good news on the supply & the car not being as expensive as you thought.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Dorastar
    Busy week and loved teaching all week but tired out by the end of each day. Sensibly treated myself to some early nights and some walks/runs once I got home that helped refresh me a bit for the evenings. Hubby is on stupid shifts this week as they are very short staffed so plan for the weekend is just to make sure the house is tidy and everyone gets fed. Oven is fixed after three weeks without it so we are definitely going to be having a roast tomorrow! One of the loans have confirmed a 6 month £1 payment and mortgage payment has reduced while we're on holiday from it. Am going to sit down and try to get some calculations done to give us a target figure to save for whilst I am still getting plenty of work and to work out our future finances. Not going to be easy but everything that's coming in has got to help in the long run. Next week is definitely working two days, side hustle job two evenings and an interview one morning. Hoping the rest of the week will fill up with work too.
  • Dorastar
    £2 spend today on more paper, can't get enough of the stuff for all my side hustle work at the moment. Rest of the day was catching up with housework and side hustle work so a nice easy and cheap one.
  • Dorastar
    Nice little short term full time job starting soon after interview the other day. Scary going back into the word of work full time so got a week to try and get my head round it and get organised. Should definitely help on the money front although it's really going to confuse the taxman again!
  • beanielou
    Good news on the job :)

• Dorastar
    Busy day for a Saturday, Parkrun, food shop, trampolining (not me - the boy & his friends), pizza tea & sleepover! Tomorrow is recovery day and re-do finances with the new wage factored in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure