£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Options

Comments

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    helsbell wrote: »
    Of course, if you spend another £100 you won't be well under budget, you'll be on budget ;).
    Details, details! :D

In other news, I've just had my first work enquiry through my website. Only a small piece of work (around £50) but it's the first genuine through-the-website piece of work I've had, and I didn't expect it to drive any income for at least another month or two. Fingers crossed this is the shape of things to come.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 October 2017 at 8:03AM
    Options
    That's great news! well done. The amount of effort it took is part of your investment in yourself. I really hope it come off for you.

I confess that your post about shopping frugally has made me smile this morning. You really should pop back to the start of your diary and read one or two of your defiant posts about shopping to see just how far you have come since then. Oh boy, have you changed TOPM! Well done and do have a great time with your Dad - for example, this is a quote from your first SOA post,

"Groceries etc. ......................... 520 (Includes £40 for one lot of school lunches. I am REALLY struggling to reduce this, but feel I could and should be able to!)"

Like I say, quite a journey!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have a lovely time seeing your dad adn well done on the work, fingers crossed there will be more to come through xx
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Great news on work coming through the website and the bulk lunch cooking of veggie sausage rolls etc..well done and have a good break

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • DrSpendLittle
    Options
    Great news on the food front and audible! Enjoy half term!
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Look at you coming in on budget for food shopping :) I know you're not there yet, but keep up the motivation and make it happen! You've managed to drop over £150 per month from this budget in a matter of months. Awesome!

Have a great weekend.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • groovychick69
    Options
    I've read this diary in full in less than a week. I like you haven't really had my LBM but I know I've got to do something. The debt is my own DH doesn't know the extent of debt. I pay it from my own salary, overtime and my part time self employed business. I'm aiming for debt free by 40, I love reading your diary - please keep posting, I can't wait till start of the month - only 2 of us but I have no idea how much we spend on groceries! Watch this space and keep up the good work TOPM!
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Fantastic news about the website generating income already. Hope you have a great half term.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Week 37: Day 3

Hello! Remember me?

Still at my dad's, although heading home today. Has all been very frugal while here - the kids have been so exhausted from this half term at school that we've pretty much only gone to the park and played round the house. Few cups of a tea from a burger van yesterday but that's pretty much our spends for the visit so far.

DH has had his payslip in, although won't get paid until Thursday. The back pay is on there, and although it's great, it's not quite as much as I'd hoped - around £600. So not quite enough to realistically say 'well that's the Christmas budget and nothing more can be spent' (I know my limits, I'm not going to pretend I'll do Christmas for three children and all the other expenses for that) and not enough to pay off the partnership card and say 'well no more spending on that'. I'm undecided what to do. I think it's probably best to add it to the Christmas pot as it at least means we'll only add a bit more to the CC over the Christmas period (I am attempting Christmas for <£1,000) rather than paying off £600 then immediately adding £600 back on in Christmas spending.

I've made a bit more from my smaller business and have a potential client booking for the weekend, all of which is making my business account look a fraction healthier. Not enough to cover November's 'salary' yet, but getting closer, which means I'll be able to push some of my November end-of-month contract payments over into December's pot. It would be nice to be a full month ahead again at some stage.

I'll be back to posting properly tomorrow with my usual lists and manic levels of activity. :cool:
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Sounds like you've all had a lovely relaxing time. My DC still get tired by school and they're much older than yours so a chilled out week is just what is needed. Plus, it's MSE too!
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure