New House, New Mortgage!

Comments

• Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Great idea re: cuttings on freecycle etc! Must remember that one myself.

Back in the day I meant to grow seeds to sell, must ponder resurrecting that plan at some point...

PS. Don't even talk to me about shoes & blisters - pretty much every pair I've ever bought have made me lame before allowing me to get through a painless day in them. I highly recommend compeed blister plasters (or similar) x
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Didn't find any on there at the moment but will keep my eyes open or maybe put a wanted ad on! One of my aunts has said she has some bits she will pop down which is exciting, she has a blooming wonderful garden (pun totes intended! haha)! Also got some shady plants super cheap from Alde and some pumpkin plants! Awesomely exciting! Soil has just been delivered and dogs have been for vaccinations and check ups at the Vets totalling £92!! Have also TT 12.47 interest, 3.67 to round account then £8 after paid hubby dog fees! Shockingly only have £100 left in the house account! This has never happened ever in the history of our being home owners! I feel a bit hyperventalatey and dramatic about it all!

The daft thing is I have over 4k in savings for the worst case and hubby is building up own savings as well, so its not really an issue at all, but mentally I am struggling!

I also feel this diary should be called 'Jodles spending diary, with OPs as well'! haha.

Jodles :p

PS Its Freaking Friday! Woohoo! (Not to be confused with freaky friday...)
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hahaha Jodles spending diary, cautious spending is fine (I think) it super spending that's problematic.
    Sorry to here about your trainers hurting your feet.... IMO there is not much worse.. but having a beautiful dress works wonders for happiness , a good balance :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Thanks MFD, I don't go crazy spending often I promise! Haha. Dress doesn't suit me so attempting to print free return label but printer has frozen, urgh! Have also sent a top to be returned from a different purchase a few weeks ago! Found another pair of trainers where the backs feel much better and they were £19.99 so more affordable than the other mean pair! Also got some shoes with a HEEL!! Cant remember the last time I wore heels...they have a wedge shape and ankle strap or I don't think I could cope! Wearing them with one of the other beautiful dresses I bought last year from the same company as the one I am returning!

Peeved with the weather, field is bogging again, ducks are coming to visit the puddles!! Also means hubby has got muddy tracks across the grass where he is moving the soil, its like a festival field, all mud, pockets of water, tracks from vehicles and footprints! managed about 3/4tonne today before he went to be an archeryman for a few hours! I have planted some of the bargain shade plants from Aldee and have potted the Lime Mint to stop it overtaking the whole border! We have an old chimney stack which I have placed into the corner of the border and will have Indian Mint which will go in there. Hoping the garlic chives, normal chives and Lemon Thyme wont go crazy unless restrained...may need to check this! T&M garden folks sent the 36 plug in plants that I got for £1.99 with my other orders, no idea where to plant them, need to look up exactly what plants they are as it was a lucky dip!!

Have activated my new MS card and set up the switcharoo! The guy was so lovely and it sounds such an easy process, hopefully it really will be that simple! By the end of May should get the £100 gift card with £10 added on each month after and can't wait to open the 6%saver either!

Jodles :D
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wooooo £100 for M&S sounds fab...I would be running riot in the food hall :rotfl:
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • You have lots going on in the garden, the plans for having BBQs are great, we have such a small garden we could only have about two people round for a BBQ.

Hope the new trainers are much kinder to your feet, have you tried them out yet?
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Hey ETE, I think its the time of year, my mind turns off from inside the house and all I can think of is the outside! Hubby has moved 3tonnes of soil over the last two days, amazing! I have planted some sunflowers, forget me not and tomato seeds as well as transferring the onions, carrots and lettuces to the trough!

Had a great night at the charity doo last night and think they raised over 1k which is amazing, well done ma! Dogs are pooped from being out all day and so am I, also was a late night last night, very unlike me!haha.Doubt I will be TT anymore this month as we have £30 left in the house account which will be there just in case! Oh well will still get into the £172's regardless. Annoyingly hubbies £300 OP was sent back to him so it hasn't gone through or been backdated, very very annoying! Tried again through normal account, just want the blummin money to be paid in now...Urgh!!

Overall OP: £394.81 including TT, mortgage should be: £173,143.79 once £300 goes through.

Jodles :p
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Sorry Kittenkirst missed you yesterday! Yes, I am not sure I can be held accountable for my spending actions when the gift card comes!! You also get another £120, £10 a month over the year as well so will use this for chrimbo presents! Got a fab hamper from them last year for my mum and stepdad which they loved! Hampers all round this year!haha.

Super tired today, roll on Wed...

Jodles :o
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! I am so freaking excited everyone!!!!!!

Went online today to check the mortgage, so excited to see we were eligible to switch, I thought it was on Friday, even better I have just applied online for a switch!! There was 2.5 and 2.98, the 2.5% had a £995 fee and the 2.98% didn't so went for that one, in fairness both take us under the £700 a month mark which is so much better than £933.75!! Have done all the online work and sent it off, hopefully as we are OPing a good amount and have never missed a payment etc it will all come though nice and quick in the next 5days. Fingers crossed anyways!!

Jodles :D:D:j:j:beer::beer::D:D
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• That's fantastic for you... That drop in interest rate will be amazing.. 2013-15 we were paying £650 pcm interest now its £360(ish)

Your balance will drop at a rate of knots :j:j:j
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure