Microsoft PowerPoint tax calculator

I've never used powers PPS before, but I'm eager to learn, I need something to put in my personal development plan at work, and I'm wondering if I could use it to create a basic tax calculator.

The idea is that the user would be able to list their income, any reliefs they are due, and indicate if they receive marriage allowance or transfer the allowance to their spouse.

It would then need to generate a visual calculation.

I already have an excel spreadsheet which does this for UK and Scottish tax rates but want to develop a PowerApp to do the same.

Many thanks
[SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
[/SIZE]

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You may do better just to embed the spreadsheet and change its colours or whatever to match the rest of the slide, otherwise you're just complicating things when you already have a spreadsheet that does the job.

See here:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29810789/interactive-excel-worksheet-in-powerpoint
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    dori2o wrote: »
    I've never used powers PPS before, but I'm eager to learn, I need something to put in my personal development plan at work, and I'm wondering if I could use it to create a basic tax calculator.
    Just spent ages working out what you mean. Could it be POWERAPPS?
  • Geodark
    Geodark Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    They state PowerPoint the title. Power point is designed for giving presentations. Why would you want to use it to calculate anything? This isn't what its for. It's like buying a plate when all you eat is soup.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Just spent ages working out what you mean. Could it be POWERAPPS?

Probably, given that in the OP it says...

...but want to develop a PowerApp to do the same.

But anyway...

Geodark wrote: »
    They state PowerPoint the title. Power point is designed for giving presentations. Why would you want to use it to calculate anything? This isn't what its for. It's like buying a plate when all you eat is soup.

I'd have to agree, PP seems just about the least appropriate MS Office software to use to do this.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can do the entire VBA/Macro things in Powerpoint (though by default its well hidden) but its kind of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut sort of thing when there's a perfectly good spreadsheet that can be embedded already.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Probably, given that in the OP it says... .
    .......but want to develop a PowerApp to do the same.
    Agreed but in the title it states Microsoft PowerPoint tax calculator, an easy mistake to make!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure