Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Izadora wrote: »
    Calley, it's totally understandable to feel down when AM's away for two weeks. Although you're used to being on your own during the day that's always tempered with the fact that you know he'll be there in the evening so it's going to feel strange at first. I hope that you feel happier soon.

Deka, I hope they make you feel better

Thanks Izadora,

I don't really have a routine but the one I do has done to pot. Going to bed late.

I have access to the car so can get out and about if I need to. And I am also doing bits and pieces in and around the house. Trying to de clutter but don't think two weeks is long enough :rotfl:

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dekaspace wrote: »
    His number is blocked so he hides it,

Block all withheld/hidden numbers.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 13 September 2018 at 4:51PM
    Block all withheld/hidden numbers.

Problem then is I get job interviews from withheld numbers, sometimes even medical stuff so its bad to block withheld that being said I tend to notice he texts first before ringing to check im in so I can tell if hes going to ring me

Anyway, been on tablets since Monday all was going well till 3 hours ago, shortly after I treated myself to a kiddie mini pizza at chip shop so not sure if thats related, since a hour after eating it till now I have been feeling sick im talking full on dizzy and queasy but not quite wanting to throw up, not sure if thats just normal side effects for now or the pizza did something as I think back to when I was on them before, 5 years ago when I was eating take aways near every day I did notice after I ate take aways then I was dizzy like this just assumed till now that was just a part of the depression not the tablets affecting my stomach, to add even more up to today sorry if this is too much information but my stomach was better than it has been in ages.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Problem then is I get job interviews from withheld numbers, sometimes even medical stuff so its bad to block withheld that being said I tend to notice he texts first before ringing to check im in so I can tell if hes going to ring me

# Don't open his texts.
    # Don't reply to any texts you inadvertently open.
    # If you answer a telephone call and realise it's him, hang up immediately, without saying a word. Not one word.
    # Keep doing all that. Not just once, but repeatedly. For as long as it takes.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Deka antidepressants can make you feel dizzy and a bit spaced out for the first 2 weeks, its completely normal. Once they are past that stage you will feel so much better. I'm glad you have a useful doctor now!
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,258
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 15 September 2018 at 4:00AM
    Hi all! :j

Here is a quick life update, things are rather frantic here. WaSp is out of hospital but still has a thrombosis. He is on blood thinners to hopefully disperse it and probably will be for life. He is doing better! :T

A new landlord took over my flat and promptly evicted us within 2 weeks to turn the block into a residential home! I have 4 weeks until we have to move and I think I have somewhere but it is all a bit up in the air right now. My OCD isn't liking this one bit.

Today I was diagnosed with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome at A&E after I couldn't breathe properly for 5 days. What this means is my nervous system is faulty, it sends the wrong instructions to my heart when I stand or move. Instead of telling my heart to quicken slightly to compensate it tells it to go faster without limit and not when to slow down again so it just keeps beating very quickly and irregularly until I rest or pass out, when it returns to normal within 5 minutes. No one is sure of the cause but there is a genetic link if there is a history of heart problems and autoimmune disorders in the family (which I have).

The good news is this isn't life threatening at all (I'll faint before I die) and my heart and lungs are actually strong, the bad news is it's incurable and can be very debilitating with some people needing wheelchairs. I have thought for years the reason I get out of breath standing up, my limbs shake and I feel faint is due to other immune disorders, it isn't, it is because my heartbeat is way too high whenever I am not sitting or lying down. My standing heart rate was 175 after 3 minutes before I even try walking. I slowly walked for 3 minutes in the hospital and it hit 220 before they told me to stop. If I am sitting still my lungs, heart rate and blood pressure are perfectly normal, perhaps I just never move again? Shall I live in bed? :rotfl:

The only real danger is I can faint easily and hurt myself if I push myself to be active. So I need to move very slowly, avoid extreme temperatures, avoid stress (erm I have mental health issues and I am being evicted...) and generally not do anything to increase my heart rate any more than my body is doing by itself. The doctor felt the worry over housing and WaSp being ill is making the tachycardia worse right now. I do have an appointment with a cardiologist who may have some ideas, but usually the treatment is just to slow life down and not exert yourself at all if you can help it. If I am going to be active I need to rest the day before and for 2 days afterwards, cardio exercise is completely out. Most importantly if I start to feel dizzy and/or breathless I am to sit down immediately before I faint. That kind of limits going out!

Quite how this works when I have a flat to pack up I don't know, I am currently dizzy and gasping for air after a few minutes! I am sure somehow WaSp and I will manage between us...
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    He can’t just give you four weeks notice to end a tenancy. Get advice
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,522
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Glad WaSP is out of hospital and getting there.
    Bit of a !!!!!! that you've got something else you didn't need going on. Still, if it's diagnosed at least there's a chance they can do something about it.
    You're an incredibly strong woman. Tell the voices to bog off if they're getting more prominent with the stress. Just do a bit of what you can when you can, and as others have said, check with Shelter if you need to know more about your rights not to be kicked out at will.
    Hang on in there - your next flat might be a much better one. :)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Ooo good point about getting advice on the Housing forum here (although I suspect WaS has been given more than 4 weeks' notice as I know she has been flat-hunting for a while). What a total !!!!!! about your health/Postural Tachycardia Syndrome though. As if you didn't have enough to contend with! All the very very best to you and WaSP.

(Thinking of Torry as well)

Squishes to all who need, or would like, them xxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,258
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 16 September 2018 at 2:16AM
    Thank you all! I should have been clearer, we were given the right timings for a Section 21, I meant there are now four weeks to go until it's up. I have put a holding deposit on a flat, the letting agent was showing me a different flat that couldn't even take a double bed so useless for us when I asked to see the one next door. It was perfect! The only problem is they weren't ready to let it, they had only just laid carpets and damp proofed the walls so they need to dry before they can decorate. It's a bit of a panic if it will be ready in 4 weeks as it still needs a new boiler too!

As far as my health goes it has an upside. I have lost 35 pounds in the last 3 months which I needed to do. Because my heart and muscles go into overtime when I'm active so does my metabolism so I burn far more calories in a 5 minute walk than most people. The doctor said my body responds to slow activity as if it is doing a heavy cardio workout, a lot of people with this struggle to keep weight on. I was pre-diabetic and no longer am and my high blood pressure is now a very healthy 117 over 75 when resting which is down purely to the weight loss. My cholesterol is also in the normal range again so in a strange way this syndrome is helping my health while messing it up at the same time, not that developing a chronic illness is the best way to fix weight related conditions!

The other good news is that I now know why I visibly shake, fight for breath and have palpitations when I walk and that it is harmless as long I stop immediately. I have lived with these symptoms for years, the only difference is it has a name now. If it hadn't become more severe (likely as a result of current stress and having to move a lot more because WaSp couldn't) I still wouldn't know what it was. It's a lot better than suspecting my heart or lungs were failing which I did worry about! All in all, it could be a lot worse! I am always the optimist. :rotfl:
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback