More money from universal credit?

I was just working out my entitlement on the government website as my partner has just taken quite a significant wage cut. When it got to the end it seemed like if I got universal credit I would get more money I can't understand how this is right? I currently don't have to change to universal credit as I am a carer for my disabled daughter but could it be possible I would be better off on universal credit? Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation?

Thanks
Mummy to two beautiful girls and one gorgeous boy.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 June 2018 at 2:47PM
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Would love to know how you got on?
    I made a claim for UC, in the assessment period now after waiting 5 weeks and it looks like I’ll be better off ... don’t believe it though

X
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Would love to know how you got on?
    I made a claim for UC, in the assessment period now after waiting 5 weeks and it looks like I’ll be better off ... don’t believe it though

X

The other persons signature states "Mummy to two beautiful girls and one gorgeous boy". Those with more than 2 children can't claim Universal credit.

Some people will be better off on UC though, but be careful because if you work and receive 2 pays within an assessment period then your UC can reduce to zero for that month.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    You will also, depending on your circumstances, be assigned a work coach (one of you will) and be asked to find the equivalent of 35 hours a week x min wage.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    annandale wrote: »
    You will also, depending on your circumstances, be assigned a work coach (one of you will) and be asked to find the equivalent of 35 hours a week x min wage.

Under UC don’t both claimants have a work coach. Under legacy benefits one person claimed but had to include a partner on their claim, under UC it is two linked claims.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Under UC don’t both claimants have a work coach. Under legacy benefits one person claimed but had to include a partner on their claim, under UC it is two linked claims.

Yes, you are right, having looked this up.
  • The lady States she is caring for her disabled daughter, so as a carer would not in the intensive work group (35 hour work) if has 3 dependent children is not able to claim UC at the moment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure