Party Plan

Comments

• hemc
    hemc Posts: 125 Forumite
    Yes i am the same keep a limited amount in unless I know its fair season!
    agree with stick to companys registered on the DSA.
    c
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    There are companies out there who don't expect you to hold any stock, you just place orders (subject to a minimum) when you actually have the orders from the customers, all 3 of the companies i have been with were like this and you didn't have to commit to any personal order every month like some companies expect you to.

Some Companies will only allow you to party plan whilst others let you do fetes, sales, door to door or any way that moves products as well which would obviously help if you wanted a larger income.

Its worth investigating a variety of companies and see what they allow and don't allow and if they expect you to place a personal order regularly or whether a minimum order has to go in monthly (what about if you want to take a few weeks off will you still be expected to place an order?).
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • Peter_Pan wrote: »
    There are companies out there who don't expect you to hold any stock, you just place orders (subject to a minimum) when you actually have the orders from the customers, all 3 of the companies i have been with were like this and you didn't have to commit to any personal order every month like some companies expect you to.

Some Companies will only allow you to party plan whilst others let you do fetes, sales, door to door or any way that moves products as well which would obviously help if you wanted a larger income.

Its worth investigating a variety of companies and see what they allow and don't allow and if they expect you to place a personal order regularly or whether a minimum order has to go in monthly (what about if you want to take a few weeks off will you still be expected to place an order?).

I never knew that some companies stipulate that you must do party plan. I'm involved in one of those that just let's you do any form of product retailing, as long as it doesn't involve ebay.

Interestingly in the US, distributors have an 'auto-ship' set up where they create a 'standing order' each month and it is delivered to them, whether they need it or not. I'm not sure if I like that idea, but I imagine it is done for a sound business reason (though I do not know what that is).

I know that I need to make one order per month, which is a min. £50. In reality my order for personal use and customers is double that.

As always, it is the best 'fit' for you that should determine where you park up and sign.
    Mike
  • bridget81
    bridget81 Posts: 144 Forumite
    phoenix trading is cards and gift wrap, book marks etc. products are REALLY good quality, and who do you know who sends cards - birthday, wedding, christmas, etc - everyone does!!
    you can basically do it how you want, family / friends, coffee mornings, gift fairs, web site, door to door brochure delivery.
    14.05.2015 22106.60
    Current debt £19450.00
    savings
    home emergency fund 0
    House 0 ISA 1.08
  • Mrs_L
    Mrs_L Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oriflame has a generous pay plan, you are self employed. You earn 23% on all orders you place between £50 and £109 and 30% on all orders over £110. This is easily achieved during a party. Oriflame don't advise you to stock pile products just order what your customers want and what you want. You choose how you want to sell, party plan or showing catalogues. There is the opportunity to build a team and then make more money from it. Orders are usually delivered within a week and if customer aren't in first time I call I leave a card asking them to ring to arrange delivery. Also if you've done a party you've received payment on the night so you just deliver all the order to the hostess.
    I would be happy to give more details to anyone who is interested.
    The phoenix trading looks interesting and I'm thinking of combining this with my Oriflame parties
  • Thats something else to watch out for, most companies do not "like" you to do more than one, try reading the small print on your distributor agreement and others make it clear that when you knock at doors you can't offer any other products. Lots of people do two or more (makes sense if you doing door to door, maximise your time and profits by dropping two different books at the same time) but i have known people to have to make a decision where their loyalties lie when and if the Company finds out .

If you are teambuilding it makes sense to concentrate on one Business, I have heard it argued that if a prospect doesn't like one Business its great to have something else to offer but my feeling is it knocks your credibility if you keep offering something different and besides time and effort required to build two would be too much if you wanted to be successful.
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • AWinner
    AWinner Posts: 42 Forumite
    nicci985 wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for more information about chocolics parties or what phoenix trading is?

Please feel free to PM me.

Nicci

Phoenix Trading is a direct selling business for greetings cards and accessories (Gift Wrapping etc)

Have a search on Google for more info?

:D
  • nicci985 wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for more information about chocolics parties or what phoenix trading is?

Please feel free to PM me.

Nicci
    I looked into chocoholics and was interviewed by them but they didn't take me on. I was seen as being too negative! Twice bitten, five times shy :rotfl:

Having done party plan before, I wanted to know how much support I would get finding parties and I think that is why they rejected me.

From what was said, you need a large area downstairs to recieve and sort your stock. Chocoholics only operate around Xmas and Easter and, if I remember correctly, you are expected to do at least 2 or 3 parties a week depending on the length of the season. I suspect that sorting and bagging will be a lot more complicated than some of the other plans, with people able to order, for example, individual tree decorations at 10p each.

Having said that, I seem to remember that the rewards were quite good compared to others that I looked into.

The girl who did my parties, had a laptop and entered orders straight into her database but I was told that you don't get the software until you've done at least one season with the old fashioned paper way. Again, I think that you would save a hell of a lot of time using a laptop which could be another expense you need to consider.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • Miggie
    Miggie Posts: 125 Forumite
    I've just called Chocoholics and they have no vacancies at present. They will be recruiting again in January for the 5-week Easter season. You have to attend training in Reading and have a home visit.

Chocoholics only have a Christmas season and an Easter season - approx 16 weeks.

The lady I spoke to said that they expected people to be able to work full time during their seasons and that their distributors could earn the equivalent of a year's salary in the time available.

Someone is calling me back this afternoon so I'll post up any more info I get.
  • katchambers
    katchambers Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I do Phoenix Trading. It's not really party plan but that is how a lot of traders sell the products. I do a mixture of parties and craft fairs/xmas fairs, fashion and beauty events and it works well for me, the products are so unique and so cheap compared to normal cards. I love how people react when they see the cards/gift wrap, it is a joy to sell. No pressure and no targets. The commission is around 30%.

Kat x
    My darling boy born December 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family