Credit cards with transaction notification?

MrPez
MrPez Posts: 150 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I've just changed my current account to Starling and I now get a push notification for any money going into or out of the account.

This seems a very good idea for spotting fraud and I was wondering if there are any credit cards out there that do the same? It would also save me from having to read my statement if I can watch the transactions as they go!

Comments

• Jasonh2015
    Jasonh2015 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Amex do this, not sure about other issuers.
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 752 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Amex do this, not sure about other issuers.

I have not seen this - how do you set it up? I can see pending transactions if I log in, but no push alerts (which would be cool, I agree). Closest is Amex via Android Pay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Transactions using MBNA credit card appear almost instantly in Pending, not the same as Push, I accept.
  • jamie_02
    jamie_02 Posts: 89 Forumite
    If you download the Amex app to an iPhone it will give you transaction notifications. If you also put the Amex card into Apple Pay you'll sometimes get two.
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 752 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    jamie_02 wrote: »
    If you download the Amex app to an iPhone it will give you transaction notifications. If you also put the Amex card into Apple Pay you'll sometimes get two.

Looks like the Android Amex app does not currently offer this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrPez, I was just wondering the same!
    A push notification to an Android phone would be great; text or email alerts would be better than nothing.
  • Jasonh2015
    Jasonh2015 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yeah, sorry it part of the Apple Pay although I never use it ��
  • sjb76
    sjb76 Posts: 20 Forumite
    MBNA and Barclaycard give you emails/sms when money is received.

Barclaycard definitely support more options, balance changes , etc.
  • No credit card sends push notifications via an app, right?
    Is there any which can send texts or emails to notify of every single transaction?
  • MrPez
    MrPez Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for the info folks, sorry for the silence - my account was locked for a while.
    Good to know I'm not the only one looking for this, hopefully it'll be an option soon with some provider
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure