3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Thanks Helen.
    I'm not sure when I will up the actual total but will let you know.
    Sky blue I think concerntrating on one challenge is better then failing at several.
    Once you have your emergency fund, you can then snowball the amounts afterwards into your Mortgage Free Challenge, knowing you have your cushion behind you to give you peace of mind.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning All :)

Well I'm up this morning early as I have a Training Course all day today followed by a Chinese Meal out with my College Friends....So I'm really looking forward to today.....Just hope the Tubes aren't as bad as they were last Night....Took double the amount of time to get home!! Oh well....Hopefully today will be a good one... :D

Dobbibill - Aww thanks hun and you're welcome, hope you're well hun xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! It sounds like one Challenge at a time is a good thing....that way you can concentrate on the Emergency Fund and then move onto the next Challenge when you complete this one....Which I know you will do with bells on xXx :)

Mooloo - No problem hun, I look forward to hearing your Updates... xXx :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    After looking at my various pots I realised the baby fund had stopped at £500 as that was my original target, and the car fund/larger pot was getting fed all the funds, so this morning I juggled my current accounts and sent £25 into the pot. So it's now at £525
    I moved money into the legoland pot as well. :)
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Hi Helen

Can you add £100 to my total please..I will update my signature now x
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning Peeps... :)

Had a lovely Day yesterday....The Tube behaved itself for a change!! Although the Weather didn't...LoL!! I had a beautiful Chinese Meal last night with good Friends.....and got home and had a lovely Night's Sleep....I'm up early to Work this morning....

I really have to try harder to put some more money in my Emergency Fund....I've been woefully neglectful of late...It's just been tough financially and I'm trying to keep to my financial commitments....But I will try harder over the next couple of Weeks...

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Oooooh, are you saving up for LEGOLAND then? I enjoyed some of it although it WAS pouring with rain that day!! But the Mini Round-the-World Display is pretty awesome....and the Train that goes back up the hill is great too....and the Restaurants seemed good as well although pretty busy, but then again we DID go in the middle of Summer!! I hope you get there and have a FABULOUS time.... xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING!! Keep going hun xXx :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Hi Helen, yes DGD wants to go to Lego land, so I have £167. In that pot at the moment. No point in taking her and saying no we can't afford it if she wants something while there other then the entrance ticket!
    My Guardianship Allowance has been assessed, and we are being funded for another year. It is also going to go up, last year it went down so I was expecting the same again this year, as in less.
    The back pay will be straight into the savings. Expecting about £90 extra next week.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Well the back pay hasn't arrived in this weeks payments. So I can only add £25 to each of my accounts. £550 in the emergency fund £192 now in Lego fund.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    I may be back to minus equity! The car broke down today and the garage think it's terminal! Just when I thought I was starting to make headway with the cashflow!
    I'd cleared one of my credit cards today as well!
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A small mid- month update from me.

I decided to redeem my 1500 points (£15.00) for completing questionnaires on Pinecone Research straight into my Paypal and put it straight into my 3-6 EF. Theres also been other bits of small change that have been added in too over the last week or so.

New total:

#5 £1790.87/£3000 (59.69%)

I have some small bits to add to Ebay so will do that at the weekend, hopefully have something to add from that at the end of the month too :)

Sophie
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • aphill24
    aphill24 Posts: 143
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, I would like to join the challenge. My target is £5000 and I have already saved £1100,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure