Make hay whilst the sun shines.

Comments

• mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You really know how to stretch a penny! Love reading about your achievements and am happy to find a companion in tiny Tilly Tidies (TTTs?). Congratulations on the repayment mortgage. You'll get it gone in no time.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • Repayment mortgage taken a back burner for a little bit. Too much going on - a lot of it sad. Family MM are OK but some of our nearest and dearest are not. :( By the time we actually sit down together in the evening we're too exhausted to bring everything together and do the application process.

In the meantime, I've got a nice OP waiting to go off towards the end of December. Why am I waiting? Well now. You'd need to ask Barclueless Bank on that front. General incompetence springs to mind and I just want to make sure they correct their mistake before I send them over £1k as an overpayment. They said I'd get a letter between 6 and 15 days time correcting their 'male chicken' up. That was on Monday so only a max of 12 days to go! The joys.

Coppers jar coughed up £1.00 yesterday. Paid into bank and sent to OP pot. Got a TCB payment pending of about £4 so will add that when it arrives.

Christmas nearly all sorted. Need to do stockings but will wait until next week for that as I want to get the main pressies wrapped and out the way first. Cards are mostly written and I'm trying to be v organised and take them when we go visiting and save the 50p 2nd class stamp for postage!

Been lots of NSDs in November. We're busy this weekend but only visiting rellys so not much spending needed except for petrol there.

Been physically paid already but virtual pay day is on the last Friday of the month here - roll on tomorrow!

MM
    x
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • Rellies visited and returned home with chocolates and yummy biscuits. MIL likes to send us home with a goody bag. :D

Today was NSD as went for lovely walk with family MM. Tidied up garden a bit. Did homework with mini MMs. Made yummy roast pork dinner with all the trimmings.

JellyButt cat now attached to lap. Log burner on. Let the evening commence!
  • Sticking to budgets.
    Little Tilly Tidies made.
    B'day cake made for boy MM's get together tonight (6 x 10/11 year old boys in my house :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:)
    Washing done.
    Beds stripped - still need to make.
    New mortgage appt made for next friday.
    Old mortgage company still being Barclueless.
    Its the weekend :T:T:T
  • Managed to survive the boys MM's birthday party. Actually really enjoyed having his friends round. They've grown up a bit now and are much more enjoyable to have around. Until the burping contest anyway!

Barclueless still Barclueless. 4 phone calls so far and they've only managed to rectify half the problem. Sigh.

New mortgage application process complete - forms are sitting here awaiting signature. Just need to check through it once more and squiggle on the line.

Xmas prep nearly done. Mostly wrapped now.

Away this coming weekend traversing the country seeing herds of people. Apart from petrol should be free! OH helping out a friend at one of the stops and they're treating us to lunch in a pub as a thank you. :T

Bought a new fluffy jumper from Sainsbobs. I get so cold in the evening that I have a pair of fleece trousers that I wear with a warm jumper. My old one had given up the ghost. New one said £12 on the label but only rang through at £8! Got a voucher for £7.50 so only 50p!

OP still sitting in bank until Barclueless sort out mistake. Might even be sending it to new mortgage company if they drag their heels much longer!

Or, the dentist could wipe half of it out if indeed I do need the root canal filling she's suggesting. Second opinion being sought on 6th Jan. :(
  • 50p jumper! :T Excellent work!

Hope you manage to escape the root canal, eek(!)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • 50p jumper! :T Excellent work!

Hope you manage to escape the root canal, eek(!)

Thanks Pearla. I hope to escape the root canal too :cool:

Mortgage application forms signed today and will be posted tomorrow. OH off work on holiday so will take our identification papers to the local agent branch to confirm we are who we say we are!

Had a secret santa to buy for boy MM. Max spend was £3. OH managed to get the suggested present from charity shop for £2 today. We also met up in town for a coffee courtesy of Waitrose. :T And he cooked a rather yummy curry to dinner. Bless him. :love:

Last of the kids clubs tonight. Then I'm at work tomorrow but we finish early for our Christmas lunch. Then holiday!!!!
  • Today I am grateful for the electricity people who have worked so hard over Christmas to reconnect us (48 hours out!) . In horrid weather they have battled through and they haven't had a great Christmas either. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank them.

We are now safe, dry and warm.

And, today at least, I am pleased we live at the top of the hill!

Hope everyone else escaped the worst of the effects.

MM
    x
  • Forgive me MSE, it has been two months since my last post.

Mortgage update:

Moved to the lovely Yorkshire Building Society at 2.94% repayment fixed for 5 years. Very nice to see the figures coming down already. Plus, managed an OP of £34.

Dentist is taking £750 for root canal treatment. Had the first round 4 weeks ago and stage 2 is tomorrow. Only time will tell if it has been successful.

Annual savings for big expenses (insurance, MOT, holiday, tax etc) in 2015 well under way (2014 already done).

Saving for a BIG TRIP! We're going to America in 2017. I know its a long way off but we need to save now if we're going to make it. Already got £140 from TillyTidies in there.

Other savings: up to £8700! No idea what we're going to spend this on. Need a tree surgeon. Would like a new bed. Might / should chuck some at the mortgage. We've got indecision-itis though and until we make a little bit of time to chat it through its just going to sit there. No bad thing to have an emergency fund.

Budget on track. Had an 'I'm bored of Sainsbobs' few weeks and started going to WR. Gosh, doesn't that make a big difference to the budget. Was spending £25.00 more each week with nothing extra to show for it. Have given myself a stern talking to and am back with Sainsbobs again.

MM
    xxxx
  • MoneyMission
    MoneyMission Posts: 652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lovely day yesterday. Had the out-laws over for lunch - roast pork with trimmings and then blackcurrant cheesecake for pud. The blackcurrants were our own-grown ones and had been in the freezer since last summer. The only garden produce left in the freezer now from last year are some gooseberries. Going to make a pie or two with those and have with custard.

Speaking of produce, I started in the greenhouse yesterday. Gave it a bit of a tidy-up. Will wash it down today as it looks like its going to be a lovely day again. I planted some tomato seeds and today will plant some lettuce seeds.

Sainsbobs shop yesterday at £66.00. Quite chuffed with that. Forgot to get cat food though which will be another £4.00 and I'll need to get some grapes. Other than that, should be OK until next week's shop.

Council tax gone up by £3.00 per month. Energy bills going down by £11.00 per month. Spreadsheet updated and the difference of £8.00 is going to the America trip pot.

Off to have breakfast and start the glorious day.

MM
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family