Post Office Savings Withdrawal Issues!

Options

Comments

• nielsc
    Options
    I phoned again this morning stating the same error message that I receive
    "Transfer can not be applied at this time."

Thanks for posting Cabernet. It looks like it is affecting a number of people, if not all customers trying to make a withdrawal.

I was wondering if hmsfrog ever got their money out having experienced the problem back on the 11th Oct?

Cheers,
    Niels
  • Cabernet
    Options
    Problem appears to have been resolved. I was able to withdraw (transfer to nominated account) without any problem a few minutes ago.:)

Downshifter98 - agree! - comments about BoI exposure to Italy are ill-judged and irrelevant. I don't think this is meant to be a rumour forum.
  • nielsc
    Options
    Cabernet,

You beat me to it.
    I just tried there myself and managed to withdraw money.

Cheers,
    Niels
  • nickhodson1
    Options
    This issue is still affecting myself.
    Ive also had the 'technical team will call you back'

Bad vibes coming from Bank of Ireland today
  • renaulttwingo10
    Options
    This problem is still happening. I have an Online Saver account and have been trying to transfer some money to my linked bank account for a week now. When it comes to confirm the transfer, the message 'Transfer cannot be applied at this time' appears.I rang Customer Services and was asked if I was using CHROME. Yes I was. You have to use Internet Explorer. Ok, I went in to PO as told, still can't make the transfer. I called again, I was told there were technical issues and it would be referred to Technical dept. and I would get a call back.This didn't happen, so by now I am fuming. I decided to close the account and wrote to the address as on the Help site. Checked my account 4 days later, balance still there. Another phone call and I'm told my instructions have been received and that a signature mandate has been sent (but not received). I was furious that I still could not withdraw from this ONLINE account. I am suspicious now regarding Bank of Ireland and just want all of my money out. If you are worried also, go into the account and test a withdrawal of a small amount. Not being able to access my funds when I want to is totally unacceptable.
  • peterxtaylor
    Options
    Been trying to send money to my account with the Post Office for nearly a week without success. Phoned them and they say they are trying to fix it!
  • isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    Options
    Worst account I've ever had, poor website, very slow transfers. I also tried to contact them twice in the past few months about opening a newer instant access with a better rate (when the bonus was to expire) and didn't get any helpful response whatsoever, one message never answered at all. I withdrew my entire funds shortly after the bonus period last year and personally would never ever bank with them again.

Incidentally to those with a few pence left (as I do) can you close over the phone or website, or does it require an "in writing" signed request?

PS I always used Firefox, never IE for those being told they can't use anything but IE...
  • SJT7
    SJT7 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I am having the same issue and error message. So frustrating I can't access my own funds! Its for my wedding and I need it to pay things this week. Absolutely rubbish.
  • gerardwynn
    Options
    I cannot withdraw cash from my Post Office "24-7 instant access unlimited withdrawals online savings account". This is three years after this forum, and sounds an identical problem - no prob with passswords, bank accounts etc. I have been told today that due to "technical problems" I will have to wait up to 48 hours for a phonecall with further information.

Is there a better way to start a run on a bank ... ? And more usefully, can i charge them for being rubbish ...
  • Stubod
    Stubod Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ..I had issues a few months ago...appalling service....can't believe they have been having such basic issues for so long!...after much hassle I did eventually manage to get my money out, but I will not be using them again any time soon..truly a crap company to deal with who have no understanding of customer service.
    .."It's everybody's fault but mine...."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport