The 'No More Buying DVDs Until I Have Watched the Ones I Already Own' Thread

Comments

• Hurrah finally a challenge that I don't need to subscribe to :) I'm not that struck on films and download all the TV I want to watch so I'm clean as a whistle on this one :) good luck!
  • Sorry when I said 5, I didn't mean overall, just from recent past. I may not have the 100s you guys have but certainly in 10s
  • we would be useless at this challenge we have 100's of dvds we want to watch (dare a say even some on video) but there is always a new film coming out that you NEED to see! we have got better and made the decision at christmas to try and cut back on on film buying habit. a couple of friends have lent us new releases that have turned out to be one watchers that we would have normally brought them so by borrowing them we have saved money and cut down on the films hiding in the cupboards.

we will set ourselves a subchallenge of trying to watch at least 1 from the unwatched stash each week

good luck to everyone taking part in this
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'll join - only cos I'm nosey and want to see what others have got. We have tons of DVDs that we have not watched. The only ones that we will be guranteed to watch are TV sets. I bought MrM the whole set of The Shield (7 seasons) for Christmas and we have watched these. Likewise, we've bought box sets of 24, Lost and Dexter and watched all these.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Ive got a database of my DVD's, 275 items are on there. However, a big box set only counts as 1 item, so theres a lot to watch. I have loads that I havent watched since i bought them on DVD, like the X Files (9 seasons!), Buffy (7 seasons!), Alias (5 seasons!) so theres a lot to get through. I think I got a DVD player in 2002, theres loads I bought around that time and have only watched once, so I didnt need to buy them really. I can enter the viewing date on my database, the lack of dates on there shames me!
    Debt at 1/1/11 £7,049.75, now £6,682.12 at 9/3/11
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have been cutting down lately, sold a few on Amazon and so on.
    Is it just me or when a film you have on DVD. If it's on TV you will sit up and watch but you wouldn't even think to go to bed and watch it any time you want ;) lol
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    we will set ourselves a subchallenge of trying to watch at least 1 from the unwatched stash each week

good luck to everyone taking part in this

That's a good, realistic aim. :T I might just aim for the same and consider anything else a bonus. :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Pickle, your threads really make me smile bless your heart!

My problem isn't the number of dvds, its the number Ive watched time and time again until, I ve needed to replace them completely. The film for me that I can never get tired of watching is Will smith In the pursuit of Happiness. Just such an inspirational true story. Goes to show that whatever your circumstances, with a bit of determination, guts, and courage you will find a way to see through your dream.

Take care pickle.
    My debts at LBM (2009)Grand Total £161,983.77.(Incs everything, mtge, cr cards, loans)
    May 2013 £124,080.27= £37,903.50 paid off WOW!!!!! Well done! There is a guardian angel out there! :AI'm visualising success, debt freeness, and happy days!:T
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I can't even commit to this at the moment as there is too much on the TV that we're watching as it is. Our V+ box is chocka block with episodes of Reaper, Heroes, CSI, 24, Lost and Supernatural and to top that Fringe is back tonight and Damages is due back on. Just not enough hours in the day. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM wrote: »
    and to top that Fringe is back tonight and Damages is due back on. Just not enough hours in the day. x

Ooooooo, is Fringe really back on tonight?! Thanks for that!

Thanks Pickle too, can I hop on board?! Your post stood out like some sort of big flashy thing to me. I'm not even going to count the DVDs I haven't watched yet but I can safely say it'll take me well over a year to do this one...... :o

Kitty x
    [STRIKE]DFD 22/7/14[/STRIKE]:o:cry:
    OD £1200 ~ CC1 £1875 ~ CC2 £1275 ~ Tesco £4757 ~ Creation £235 ~ FIL £25750
    DEBT @ 28/03/2018 = £35092
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business