Max £1 Selling Fees when you allow odders QUESTION

Just got this offer, and I've started a new thread rather than adding to the big listings offer thread, as I'm unclear on how to participate with auctions.

For a while I've seen that some auctions (not BIN) have an option for bidders to make a best offer.
I can't figure our how to add this to my auctions (neither new listings nor relistings).

Is it just for selected sellers?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This is the offer page I have

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/2017/103866.html

Mine doesn't have the requirement for adding an offer so I can't see the actual terms and conditions for your offer. Is your offer definitely for auctions with offers ? The reason I ask is that this is usually something that eBay add even if sellers don't want it, even on my advanced listing format I don't see the ability to add an offer, yet if I get a question on an auction the 'reply with offer' is nearly always there in my messages.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hope this link works.
    https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/6290/
    Looks like it covers BIN with offers AND auctions.
    But I can't figure out how to add the "make offer" option to my auctions
  • soolin
    Hope this link works.
    https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/6290/
    Looks like it covers BIN with offers AND auctions.
    But I can't figure out how to add the "make offer" option to my auctions

The headline clearly says " . 'Best offer' and 'Allow offers' may only be available on Fixed Price listings for some sellers. T&Cs apply."

Perhaps you are not one of the sellers who has the ability to add offers to an auction- my listings don't seem to offer that at all for auctions.

Later down it again says "Listings can be auction-style or fixed price format and they must have 'Allow Offers' or 'Best Offer' selected, which is an option available when you create a listing and allows buyers to make an offer on your item. This option for auction listings may not be available to all sellers, who must choose fixed price instead."
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thanks soolin, suffering from baby related sleep deprivation, might explain my poor reading skills.
  • soolin
    Thanks soolin, suffering from baby related sleep deprivation, might explain my poor reading skills.

I don't think eBay explain things very well either, I had to read tthe headline statement a couple of times to make sure it said what I thought it did.

I would be interested though to hear if anyone has the ability to add offers to their auctions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure