Receipt Hog

Options

Comments

• scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, hopefully this is useful to someone, if not then sorry for the post!

I've been using both these apps for a while now and felt it was worth a quick comparison, both pay you for sending photos of receipts.

Both apps are easy to use but Receipt Hog is slightly easier in my experience.

However, Shoppix is far more generous, or less stingey, depending on how you look at it!

For example, it took me 20 months to earn a £20 Paypal credit from Receipt Hog, so £1 a month.

Shoppix has just paid me £10 and I have used that for 5 months, so it's £2 a month or twice as generous.

Of course nothing stopping you using both as I do.

Hope this info is useful to someone.

Are there any other apps like this available?

It may not seem worth it but it's very little effort, I tend to scan the receipts when I am waiting in the car for the kids etc, so just utilising "idle" time.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Mummy2cheekymonkeys
    Options
    Can I ask how they work? Do you have to snap a certain amount of receipts or is the money off of certain times you purchase? I use shopmium and checkoutsmart but I'm not familiar with the 2 you have mentioned.
  • BoraBora123
    Options
    I already use Receipt Hog, it does take a long time for any kind of reward. Can you scan the same receipts if you use both apps?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I use both but always happy to hear of more receipt scanning apps.
    Thanks
  • MetalLaLa
    MetalLaLa Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I use both apps, same receipts on both with no problems. Only limits for Shoppix is one receipt per retailer per day, Receipt Hog is three receipts per retailer as a daily limit (IIRC). Both apps offer little surveys for extra coins, however I find this to be a rare occurrence on RH.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes I believe you can.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can use both, you simply photograph the receipts, it takes seconds.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shopprize is another app where you earn coins and can enter sweepstakes to win prizes, or I think you can accumulate your coins to buy vouchers. I signed up and had to be put on a waiting list for a spot. I think I was waiting for a few months but I'm now using the app :)
  • emperorstevee
    emperorstevee Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wombling is working :) It seems they have no way to tell as long as it was physically feasible for you to have made all the purchases at the times stated in the receipt. They don't seem to check card numbers on the receipts either
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They don't seem to check card numbers on the receipts either

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but I think that should read "they don't seem to check card numbers on the receipts yet."

That said, if you have a "household" app then you've more wriggle room, but as soon as they start checking names & addresses of cardholders, it's going to go south.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback