And now the fuse is lit...

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I did have a surprising conversation the other day when someone was talking about VHS CCTV tapes! :eek:

If you knew the full hassle of preserving chain-of-custody and confirming and maintaining integrity of a digital copy of CCTV footage, there is a distinct attraction (from the CCTV operator's point of view) in just handing over a physical tape and saying "There you go..."
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Luckily our client has a world class [STRIKE]disregard for personal privacy[/STRIKE] monitoring centre, everything is digital now :T
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    No, only my parking:rotfl::rotfl:
    I got stuck in a space the other day & a friend had to rescue it for me:o:o:rotfl::rotfl::eek::eek:

We've seen your parking... https://youtu.be/Ep_Bn5Hzrps?t=13s
    beanielou wrote: »
    I cannot parrarel park, nor spell.

If you want to be better, then like anything, you will need to practice.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »

Butti! I was wondering where you were lurking... :naughty:

Cuba.....that's where I was lurking and then in bed and then running out of petrol when I should have stayed in bed a bit longer.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Cuba.....that's where I was lurking

I knew you were going to Cuba, you just seemed to be there for a very long time. Unless you went "radio silence" a bit before you left?

Was it good? Meet anyone nice? What's the weather like there this time of year?
    and then in bed

Delhi belly?
    and then running out of petrol when I should have stayed in bed a bit longer.

Is there a story behind that?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Options
    So, £4,200 in from refunds and a old monthly saver, and £3,300 out to the mortgage offset.

And I'm also almost solvent now after the car MOT [STRIKE]apocalypse[/STRIKE] event
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Z, thats brilliant! Was that a PPI refund or something? Or, oh no, tax? Car accident? Seems really huge, and I'm trying to think of something nice that could be refunded, but all I can think of is bad stuff, sorry!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Z, thats brilliant! Was that a PPI refund or something? Or, oh no, tax? Car accident? Seems really huge, and I'm trying to think of something nice that could be refunded, but all I can think of is bad stuff, sorry!

The biggest part of it was the remnants of an old Leeds Monthly Saver which was forcibly closed and which didn't have the deadline of 1 year (like most of them) so you could just keep paying into it. I have its successor running at the moment, but it has a max value of £6,000 and a lower interest rate, so it's not as good.

The refunds were just things like gas, water and electricity from the old house. If you leave in the middle of winter, it knocks their spend projections all to !!!!... :rotfl:

Edit: LOL - last word is "cock".
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    I knew you were going to Cuba, you just seemed to be there for a very long time. Unless you went "radio silence" a bit before you left?

Was it good? Meet anyone nice? What's the weather like there this time of year?

Is there a story behind that?

I did go a bit Radio Silent before....and I'm always a bit conscious people are money saving and I'm saying "I'm going to Cuba".

It was very good. My spanish improved a bit (from a standing start) and it was very very different. Different outlook. Much more community minded. Extremely safe for tourists.

They desperately need tourism so I'm going back next year I think. Need to do the sums.
    Took tennis balls and a phone charger to give away. Next time I am taking footballs and guitar strings.

The weather was hot, too hot one night, but generally a really nice contrast to Blighty. Whole thing cost about £2k with spending money. I booked my own flights and Air BNB'd. Worked really well.

Allegedly you take one day to recover from each hour of travelling. My plane journey was about 12 hours with some standing around between. I had a bit of a car episode four days after getting back, terrible journey, I just kept getting lost in a rural area. Seriously, I couldn't have found my way out of a paper bag! Ran out of petrol eventually about 6 miles from home. I flagged down a farmer who took pity on me and drove me to the petrol station.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Options
    I did go a bit Radio Silent before....and I'm always a bit conscious people are money saving and I'm saying "I'm going to Cuba".

People are money saving for a reason. Your reason is "Going to Cuba".

If it was "Going to Hull" - then I might judge... :naughty:
    It was very good. My spanish improved a bit (from a standing start) and it was very very different. Different outlook. Much more community minded. Extremely safe for tourists.

They desperately need tourism so I'm going back next year I think. Need to do the sums.
    Took tennis balls and a phone charger to give away. Next time I am taking footballs and guitar strings.

If you take the decent quality ones (caseys) they'll last longer. Also one of these (as availability may be limited if footballs are hard to come by), so they can be easily re-inflated.

61naMgsclIL._SY355_.jpg
    The weather was hot, too hot one night, but generally a really nice contrast to Blighty.

You mean not cold and rainy/sleety/snowy... :rotfl:
    Allegedly you take one day to recover from each hour of travelling. My plane journey was about 12 hours with some standing around between.

So you're still not right?
    I had a bit of a car episode four days after getting back, terrible journey, I just kept getting lost in a rural area. Seriously, I couldn't have found my way out of a paper bag! Ran out of petrol eventually about 6 miles from home. I flagged down a farmer who took pity on me and drove me to the petrol station.

Sat Nav?

Very nice of that farmer. He must like a Butti too.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport