Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 10:03PM
    ZTD wrote: »
    And I've just unearthed an AGP interfaced graphics card... :eek:

How long ago were they a thing?

1980's I think....or is that something else.....the pink thing with squares missing that you fed in for computer programming?
    I keep the wrapping paper on top of the wardrobe, easy for chucking up there.

Maybe the people you were saying something nice to have never had anyone say anything nice and thus mistook it for sarcasm. As you know I have done this in the past to lovely people who have complimented me.

On Saturday the pub landlord was telling me how he'd told someone "everyone loves Butti*" Patently this is not true. Not only because thats a made up name* but there's at least one person in the pub who doesn't like me. Still it's nice to hear that people like you!

How rock n roll is mashed potato and beans for tea?
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    And I've just unearthed an AGP interfaced graphics card... :eek:

How long ago were they a thing?
    Can't help you Z - didn't know they had ever been 'a thing' :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Second paragraph.

The first part of it: If you accelerate in a front-wheel drive, the weight shifts to the back, and so the front wheels "lift" off the ground. So if you give it a bit too much welly, a front-wheel drive will lose grip and just spend time scrabbling around.

You can often hear it if you have the window down, and are not educating the neighbourhood with Nessun Dorma... :p

In a rear-wheel drive (and by extension 4 wheel drive) car, the weight shifts and the rear wheels "dig in" and provide additional traction. This means you can come flying out of junctions, though steering can be a bit hit-and-miss.

In extremis, you can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMkgBvBERk

However, my car when pulling away suddenly, is deader than tank tops. That's the dreaded turbo lag at work. So, what I tend to do, if give the engine a little bit of revs (only about 1000) which gets the turbo spinning up.

At that point, with those two factors working together, you're leaving the area almost as quickly as an MP once they've found out they can't expense it.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    I used to have a pair of blur crocs. The shame:rotfl::rotfl:

Practicality is never shameful.

And could have been far worse. Could have been Taylor Swift.
    Butti wrote: »
    1980's I think....or is that something else.....the pink thing with squares missing that you fed in for computer programming?

Butti! I was wondering where you were lurking... :naughty:

I looked it up. It came out in the year 2000. So old enough to vote now...
    On Saturday the pub landlord was telling me how he'd told someone "everyone loves Butti*" Patently this is not true. Not only because thats a made up name* but there's at least one person in the pub who doesn't like me. Still it's nice to hear that people like you!

You're obviously leaving a good impression.
    How rock n roll is mashed potato and beans for tea?

Even rock stars need fibre...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thanks Z :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Can't help you Z - didn't know they had ever been 'a thing' :rotfl:.

Well I've just connected the tape deck up on the living room hifi - how long since *they* were a thing? :eek: :rotfl:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    We love you Butti :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    Thanks Z :eek:

And there you were thinking your driving had never made youtube... ;)
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    And there you were thinking your driving had never made youtube... ;)

No, only my parking:rotfl::rotfl:
    I got stuck in a space the other day & a friend had to rescue it for me:o:o:rotfl::rotfl::eek::eek:
    I cannot parrarel park, nor spell.

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well I've just connected the tape deck up on the living room hifi - how long since *they* were a thing? :eek: :rotfl:

I did have a surprising conversation the other day when someone was talking about VHS CCTV tapes! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure