Rooms at103 London?

Thinking of spending a few nights in London at New Year without breaking the bank.
Will spend very little time in hotel, so as long as it's clean and fairly central it'll do.
Searching on Hotels.com I came across Rooms at103 in Whitechapel. Supposedly 3*. but way too cheap IMO. No reviews on Tripadvisor.
Worth a punt, or is it like Bates' motel?
Anybody aware of the place?

TIA for any replies.

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It's certainly not "central". It's in a back street in Whitechapel/Stepney around half a mile from a choice of 2 tube stations.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    It's certainly not "central". It's in a back street in Whitechapel/Stepney around half a mile from a choice of 2 tube stations.

And OP you may get more help on the correct board. Ask the board guide to move it for you.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Moved to UK Holidays.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Reading reviews, I would rather sleep rough under Westminster Bridge

Depending on when you are actually going, you can get a Premier Inn room for £35 a night
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    And OP you may get more help on the correct board. Ask the board guide to move it for you.

Apologies, posted in a rush.
  • z1a
    edited 22 October 2019 at 10:41PM
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Reading reviews, I would rather sleep rough under Westminster Bridge

Depending on when you are actually going, you can get a Premier Inn room for £35 a night

Premier Inns in centralish London are showing at £300+ a night for 4 of us covering NY period.
  • z1a
    Cornucopia wrote: »

Near enough, nothing we want to see is more than an hours walk, which is fine.
  • suki1964
    z1a wrote: »
    Premier Inns in centralish London are showing at £300+ a night for 4 of us covering NY period.

I put dates in for a few days after and Kew was coming up at £35 for a double

Kew is on the district line, its not long into London

Thing is, NYE and Day are going to be MEGA expensive what with the fireworks and the Parades
  • z1a
    suki1964 wrote: »
    I put dates in for a few days after and Kew was coming up at £35 for a double

Kew is on the district line, its not long into London

Thing is, NYE and Day are going to be MEGA expensive what with the fireworks and the Parades

Yep, I know. Fireworks were mainly for Wife, although
    we all enjoy them.
    Main reasons were the Zoo & Natural history museum & a general wander around, so we've decided to skip NY & go a bit before or later.
  • suki1964
    Firework display is sold out anyways and you get a better view on the TV without the crush and the hassle of getting back to your digs :)

If you can get Kew, then the National History and Science and the Albert and Victoria Museums are all at South Ken, which is on the same line. From there its just a hop up the road to Knightsbridge and then Buckingham Palace , up the Mall to Trafalger Square, onwards to Leicester Sq etc etc etc

The dates between the 2nd and the 5th of Jan would be great for sightseeing as most of London workers will be on holidays so the tubes won't be so packed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure