3 Month Old Sofology Sofa Sagging Badly

Options

Comments

• Hi...I have the same problem with 2 sofas from the galleria range...within 6 weeks the seats we sit on most have sagged...after fruitless emailing I spoke to someone who told me that the foam suppliers have recently upgraded their foam from October 2018 but didn’t admit there was a problem with the original foam .hmm..anyway the woman from Sofology knew there’s been issues and has ordered 4 more of the “upgraded” which will take 6-8wks ..then when it lands I have to book a technician to visit to re do my seats...whether this will actually happens who knows....but it’s very annoying that Sofology knew there were problems with the interiors from thier suppliers for along time but they are still selling sofas with substandard foam interiors..so ring up and ask for the new foam and fingers crossed that resolves it
  • vikki868
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my 3 week old Linara sofa, I wish I had read this forum before purchasing as I am really disappointed with the cushions. I have made a complaint and hoping that this can be resolved. Any undated on how the "upgraded" fillings would be great. I was advised that there is no other filling for this sofa design, but don't know how true this is. I will be following everyone's advice and requesting a refund should the issue not be fully rectified as I doubt this sofa will.last a year nevermind 10!
  • ossettbob
    Options
    Hi...I have the same problem with 2 sofas from the galleria range...within 6 weeks the seats we sit on most have sagged...after fruitless emailing I spoke to someone who told me that the foam suppliers have recently upgraded their foam from October 2018 but didn’t admit there was a problem with the original foam .hmm..anyway the woman from Sofology knew there’s been issues and has ordered 4 more of the “upgraded” which will take 6-8wks ..then when it lands I have to book a technician to visit to re do my seats...whether this will actually happens who knows....but it’s very annoying that Sofology knew there were problems with the interiors from thier suppliers for along time but they are still selling sofas with substandard foam interiors..so ring up and ask for the new foam and fingers crossed that resolves it

It would be a good idea to post this on Trustpilot if you use that site. Loads of people ( including myself) have complained about the poor quality of the foam. Look at 1* & 2* reviews.
  • ossettbob
    Options
    vikki868 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue with my 3 week old Linara sofa, I wish I had read this forum before purchasing as I am really disappointed with the cushions. I have made a complaint and hoping that this can be resolved. Any undated on how the "upgraded" fillings would be great. I was advised that there is no other filling for this sofa design, but don't know how true this is. I will be following everyone's advice and requesting a refund should the issue not be fully rectified as I doubt this sofa will.last a year nevermind 10!

The statement about no other filling is, in my opinion an outright lie which Sofology are experts at. On Trustpilot I asked them to confirm that the showroom sofas were made using same foam as they supply to the customers which I never got answer to. I think, as do others, that they use high density foam in showroom models which, of course, is more expensive. You can even buy high density foam fillings, made to your specification , on the internet. I would do that but the design of my sofas won`t allow it as all the cushions & backs are sown in & I can`t access them.
    Having had my sofas for 6 months I am now convinced, by my experience & doing lots of research, that they are extremely poor quality made in the far east.
  • elliemeg
    Options
    well im at the end of my tether with sofology where do i start

i bought a leather 2 and 3 seater recliner off them 3 years ago and from the day it arrived the problems started, the electrics in 1 seat of the 3 seater didnt work and 2 seater was out of alignment, they put in a new motor a mth later, but refused to accept any probs with 2 seater, 2 mths later staples came out and they sorted it, it went on and on with small probs, seat sagging also and was told i had to sit on a different seat every day and my fault using this seat more, then 2 holes appeared,. after years of complaining and arguing with them they sent homeserve out, who admitted the 2 seater was out of alignment and sagging shouldnt have happened, 1 hole was due to bad leather quality in that area, the leather was starting to crack and come away, i had paid for the best leather also. i thought great at last it would be sorted. i got an email from them saying technician had said no faults on my suite case closed. i rang homeserve and they told me they werent allowed to give me any full details ,but they had informed sofology there were concerns with my suite, so more lies from sofology. they still wouldnt do anything, i went to ombudsman , who wrote to them and soon after they offered me a credit note for £1600 , the suite was £2500, they wouldnt budge on that, i was going on holiday for a mth so stupidly decided to accept as they had only given me a month to accept it and ombudsman were taking too long to reply

suite number 2 arrives i ordered a material one so i wouldnt have leather issues with 3 seater recliner and big chair with recliners end of sept
    it arrived and straight away i wasnt happy , theres crinkles in some areas not in others it looks really odd, the back of 1 side of sofa is loose. i wanted it sent straight back but drivers assured me its just settling creases and will go in 1/2 weeks. the delivery guys took a chunk of wood out of top of my door frame, scratched some of my plaster and scratched 1 of my picture frames, i didnt notice til they left. the creases didnt go so they sent a technician out about a mth ago, he couldnt get creases out of 1 arm on chair and said need a new arm or chair, he had to re stuff some areas, he managed to fix sofa as delivery men hadnt connected it properly, he cut is finger and dripped blood on my new sofa but managed to clean it off, but ive got a big gap between the seats and they are not level in height and depth and now seat starting to sink . im so annoyed with this company

ive been on to them none stop for 7 weeks , they dont answer emails, dont answer calls unless you wait ages. they all tell you different things, was offered £65 to get all damages repaired no chance of that being enough. i was told to get a quote for the 2 frames 1 he damaged and 1 that matches and is next to other so cant have odd frames, they were 95 and 85 due to 1 a bit smaller, they are now back tracking and saying i shouldnt have been told that and due to me not telling them day this happened they are only going to give me £65. i had just lost my dad a few weeks before suite arrived and i was goin on holiday a few days after which they new about i had other things on my mind than to email them but i tried to ring them a few times but couldnt get through i knew their technician was coming in 2 weeks so thought i could speak to him about it and he took photos too. they are now saying the technician said theres nothing wrong with my suite , what a lie cos he told me there was.

ive got another technician coming in 2 weeks from homeserve to have a look at the suite but not damage to my house. ive written another complaint, i think im going to have to go down ombudsman route again, there customer care is absolutely shocking and appalling. ive now been batttling with them 3 1/2 years and its been a dreadful experience, AVOID this company
  • shylockinadress
    Options
    Since the recent BBC Watchdog programme re Sofology I see that their Trustpilot rating has soared to Five Stars.
    Most of the reviews are from First Time posters and have a familiar pattern.
    It appears to have all the hallmarks of "bought in Bulk" fake reviews.
  • 4socks
    Options
    Anyone have any advise on a linara sofa not fit for purpose ? almost sitting on the frame after less than 9 months , they've inspected and the technician from homeserve said it was bad and not fit for purpose now sofology arnt interested in a refund have said only option is a replacement filling ? they've also stated that the original filling was not good enough and the new one will be fine ?? however completely lost confidence in them and by the look of the numbers of people with issues with just this range we are not alone .
    Am contacting the furniture ombudsman but from other dealings with the ombudsman through work they seem to favour the retailer so not holding my breath ? any recommendations or info would be greatly appreciated plus any success stories
  • JamesRebecca
    Options
    Sofology was recently on watchdog
  • Baz1404
    Options
    We have the same issue with ours but they have replaced our inner seat cushions with a new filling that has just come out.
  • windowsupplies
    Options
    Baz1404 wrote: »
    We have the same issue with ours ( Linara ) but they have replaced our inner seat cushions with a new filling that has just come out.

Be interested to know how your getting on with the replacement foam
    Baz1404 ? we are due to have ours changed in the New Year as a last ditch effort , have been fighting them since September and not really getting anywhere but hopeful this replacement foam sorts it , but im not confident , think we will have the same problem 6 months down the road and less leverage as it will then be over a year old ?

Never again would I use Sofology ! Sofas are not fit for purpose , well mine isn't put it like that

I understand they have one chance at repair under Consumer rights via which but looks like it will be a legal battle from there on in .

Our old Sofa's were nearly 12 years old and still looked and worked as they should do and probably would have for more years to come just a bit 'used ' as you would expect , these ones looks worse after 9 months ! Gutted as we gave away the others , and paid £3.5 k for these .

Ironically the previous ones came from DFS and were great but as im aware DFS now own Sofology !!

Wish id found all the bad reviews and forums regarding these sofas prior to ordering but i guess they weren't about then as they were reasonably new i think

Oh well 3 months of hundreds of emails , phone calls and inspections we are still no further forward but in this day and age of checking up on Google reviews on companies perhaps my input will send someone else to another company so indirectly affecting Sofology like they've affected us !

Merry Christmas
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure