PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The All New Bang on Trend Cookbook Challenge 2018

Options

Comments

• Bookaholic
    Options
    I’ve made plans to do this challenge before even joining the forums. We have 2 shelves of recipe books and still regularly repeat the same things. Tomorrow I’m going to declutter the ones we never use and decide which I’ll work through first. I’m most likely to pick a ‘quick & easy’ type book as work takes over during term time....possibly a £1 chef book :)
    Money saved for Christmas 2018 £6/£500
    No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
    January NSDs - 3/15
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bookaholic wrote: »
    I’ve made plans to do this challenge before even joining the forums. We have 2 shelves of recipe books and still regularly repeat the same things. Tomorrow I’m going to declutter the ones we never use and decide which I’ll work through first. I’m most likely to pick a ‘quick & easy’ type book as work takes over during term time....possibly a £1 chef book :)

ah but if you're anything like me Bookaholic the decluttering of cookbooks is the tough bit ....for me i choose one to get rid of, have a quick read through just in case there is anything good in there and then finally decide its a really good book and should be saved:rotfl: I have settled for new shelves now as I clearly am a hopeless case :o
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    Hi all, I'm going to join you if that's ok, have often thought about trying to introduce a new recipe each week but never manage it and always revert back to fail safe recipes.
    I'm trying to follow Sl!mming W*rld and have a few cookbooks as well as access to their online recipes, so will have a look and see which recipe I want to start with next week.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Nelski
    Options
    Hi all, I'm going to join you if that's ok, have often thought about trying to introduce a new recipe each week but never manage it and always revert back to fail safe recipes.
    I'm trying to follow Sl!mming W*rld and have a few cookbooks as well as access to their online recipes, so will have a look and see which recipe I want to start with next week.

Hi Mrs Cheshire looking forward to hearing your choices :)
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Mind if I join the thread please? I have lots of recipes saved in different apps/bookmarks as well as a few cookbooks but hardly ever use them. I'd also like to try a couple of new recipes a few times a month to get some variety back into my life.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Well, I'm ashamed to confess that I'm doing a big batch of.....bolognaise. :o

But OH has requested it for Sunday and it is New year's Eve - and our anniversary.

Hope to be able to post something more interesting in the New Year.
  • Nelski
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Well, I'm ashamed to confess that I'm doing a big batch of.....bolognaise. :o

But OH has requested it for Sunday and it is New year's Eve - and our anniversary.

Hope to be able to post something more interesting in the New Year.

Well Pollycat the way I see it is 6/7 days you revert to type (for me thats chilli or fish pie) then one day I will throw caution to the wind and hit the cook books :D:D

Where would life be without bolognaise and chilli :D

Hi Jingsmybucket....you will have to explain that name :D glad to have you here :)
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Hi Mrs Cheshire looking forward to hearing your choices :)

I'm going to do a chicken stew next week, I never do stew with chicken always beef or lamb. I've got most of the ingredients in already, and my boys like chicken so I'm hoping they will eat it too.
    I'll make enough for leftovers for my lunch the next day and might even turn some into soup if I've got enough left.

I've also got loads of Brussel sprouts, never made them with bacon or any other way except boiled so going to try something new with them.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • misty6
    misty6 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I got a pack of 2 chicken breasts out of the freezer for yesterday and today so I had roasted chicken breasts for dinner. Not very original and definitely not new to me. I quite often eat the same meal 2 nights in a row (or even 3, I draw the line at 4 though lol)) as I am also a oneski.

I just really fancied roast dinner with all the trimmings as someone had pulled a very glittery cracker across my xmas dinner and my food got covered in glitter so didn't eat much on the big day! Now I've got that out of my system I need to get my books out and have a proper look.

I have so much stuff already to use up in the freezer though. I will get a portion of bolognaise sauce out for tomorrow and I'm going out to the local pub for dinner on New Years Eve so my first new to me dish will have to be in the new year. See you then and a happy new year to you all :) x
    Mortgage and debt free :)
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    I would love to join in, too. I can't promise every week as time spent in the kitchen is always dependent on health and youngest's work schedule but I have tons of cookbooks just sitting there and we would all appreciate some new ideas to try rather than sticking to the same thing, I'm sure :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure