Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    edited 20 April 2017 at 4:50PM
    No, they're still alive. A handful of tweets around lunchtime today; https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies
    - one person asking if they have a Press contact; they replied [EMAIL="media@iresa.co.uk"]media@iresa.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 902
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am already more than £300 in credit since I joined Iresa 3-4 months back. What would they do if I cancelled my D.D till it balanced out. Surely they couldn't disconnect if I’m £300 in credit?
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,933
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...my next DD is due to be taken tomorrow - bet their "system" manages that task OK:rotfl:
    Don't count on it. I'm still waiting for Iresa to take this month's direct debit which was due at the beginning of the month. I've let them know and they don't seem especially concerned - so I've kept it in the account until they decide they need it. :D
  • JStewer
    JStewer Posts: 41 Forumite
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    I am already more than £300 in credit since I joined Iresa 3-4 months back. What would they do if I cancelled my D.D till it balanced out. Surely they couldn't disconnect if I’m £300 in credit?

Do NOT cancel your direct debit mandate. Refer to the terms you agreed to abide by as to why.

£300 credit after just 3-4 months you say??? :huh:
    Is that £300 credit after a recent bill/statement based on actual metter readings???

If not, supply an up todate meter reading and then see what the account situation really is.

If it is based on a recent actual meter reading, then you've appeared to massively over-estimate your anual consumption. :doh:
    Consult a comaprison site with your revised, much lower annual consumption figures.
  • Possetjohn
    Possetjohn Posts: 144
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    Thanks. That's what I thought.

Edit: Iresa has just updated my Gas transactions page for February/March but there is no bill. As others have said, thy are still using a fixed multiplier of 11.4 which equates to a truncated calorific value of 40.1 whereas my average daily CV for the period is 39.5. Clearly, nearly 5 months on, Iresa are no closer to resolving the calorific value issue.

I have followed this thread with interest!! I was debating whether to switch to IRESA and finally decided to take the plunge as they were the cheapest for me. Joined with from Southern to them from 17/2/17 (First day of supply)

I have to say it is one of the smoothest switches I have ever had, with final readings being verified very quickly and final bills and refunds of credit via direct debit from Southern Electric happening quite quickly.

They have kept me informed by email all along the way and I get emails a few days before they take the direct debit and after I submit readings.

I am fortunate by the sound of things that I have never had to contact them by Phone!!

However because of this thread I have checked the first gas bill they produced from the start to the end of March ( actually the reading is from 20/3/17). I can see in the bill they are using a calculation factor of 11.3627 (2647.51KWh/233m3) despite stating it is 11.1!! This equates to a CV of 40.0, which is 0.6 higher that it has ever been in the last 10 years and 0.8 higher than the average.

I will check the actual CV data for that period and wait until I see the next bill before trying to contact them.

At a rough estimate this is going to cost another £9 inc VAT per year! While annoying especially after so many people contacting them, It is quite small compared with what I am saving.

I guess a lot of people have switched to them in the last 6 months and they cannot cope with it!!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,500
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Don't count on it. I'm still waiting for Iresa to take this month's direct debit which was due at the beginning of the month. I've let them know and they don't seem especially concerned - so I've kept it in the account until they decide they need it. :D

The DD has been taken today as expected - should get an email asking for meter reading in about 2 days time.:)
    Looks like leccy only customers are not suffering the way dual fuel customers are !!:(
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Possetjohn wrote: »
    I have followed this thread with interest!! I was debating whether to switch to IRESA and finally decided to take the plunge as they were the cheapest for me. Joined with from Southern to them from 17/2/17 (First day of supply)

I have to say it is one of the smoothest switches I have ever had, with final readings being verified very quickly and final bills and refunds of credit via direct debit from Southern Electric happening quite quickly.

They have kept me informed by email all along the way and I get emails a few days before they take the direct debit and after I submit readings.

I am fortunate by the sound of things that I have never had to contact them by Phone!!

However because of this thread I have checked the first gas bill they produced from the start to the end of March ( actually the reading is from 20/3/17). I can see in the bill they are using a calculation factor of 11.3627 (2647.51KWh/233m3) despite stating it is 11.1!! This equates to a CV of 40.0, which is 0.6 higher that it has ever been in the last 10 years and 0.8 higher than the average.

I will check the actual CV data for that period and wait until I see the next bill before trying to contact them.

At a rough estimate this is going to cost another £9 inc VAT per year! While annoying especially after so many people contacting them, It is quite small compared with what I am saving.

I guess a lot of people have switched to them in the last 6 months and they cannot cope with it!!

Please report this to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk with a copy of your bill. I have just sent them a copy of My Transactions page showing that a false multiplier of 11.4 has been used.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,350
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Possetjohn wrote: »
    40.0 is the incorrect calorific value also they used for my bill of 11th April, the correct calorific value should have been 39.6 or 39.5.

I did message IRESA to say they had used the incorrect calorific value but haven't had a response, so I've emailed a copy of my bill to the OFGEM consumer affairs department.

• Email: [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL]
    • Tel: 020 7901 7295
    • Fax: 020 7901 7066
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    edited 21 April 2017 at 11:45AM
    Somebody's returned from holiday...there's a flood (20+) of replies on twitter. Get in quick if you need to contact...
    https://twitter.com/IresaEnergy/with_replies

Also, in reply to why they have been closed to new customers we have the concise...
    "We have had a sudden increase in customers when we are able to accept more we will open our doors again!"
    (perhaps the twitter character limit prevented the insertion of some punctuation :-)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My one and only gas bill was also based on a CV of 40.0. I could live with that if they'd just set up the leccy meter point!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport