Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Hoping to do a bit more decluttering over the bank hols and weekends, then need an electrician and a handyman or helpful friend in the New Year.

Is it not DIY'able? What is it?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    This is what I love about you Z - your ability to read sub-text!

You mean it was meant to be subtle? :eek:

:rotfl:
    Yes, I freely confess to loathing gloss painting! :rotfl:

Actually, the last time I did it, I didn't mind it. Though I had to wait until the OH (at the time) was on holiday otherwise I would have got the constant "Is it finished yet?". Gloss painting is one of the those things you have to plod along at.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD wrote: »
    Is it not DIY'able? What is it?

:rotfl:that all depends on the abilities of the Y in question. See earlier discussion about just paying someone else rather than stress about using time on learning something I will do once and probably badly...
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • ZTD wrote: »

Actually, the last time I did it, I didn't mind it.

Marvellous - shall I DM you our address then?! :D:rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Happy New Year Rosa, I hope all is well with you.

I will also admit that I am using old Christmas cards, even though I love crafting and could make them.

I really need to catch up on your diary.

Take care.
    Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Another guilty of using old cards, this year they didn't cost me a penny :)

Happy new year!!!
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• I had not thought of using old Christmas cards but I will now :)

Happy New Year Rosa :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Happy new year all, didn't realise I hadn't posted here yet!

Sunday shuffling looks ok - I am over budget by about £40 til payday but that's fine. I should have the £250 B account bonus coming in shortly- hadn't counted it as not banking on it (pardon pun) but I've done everything required and it should be paid within 10 days of the 2 month anniversary of opening the account.

I still haven't done my tax return as have been busy swotting for an interview and have an essay to write as soon as that's done :mad: not happy about the timing, but can't very well moan about wanting the opportunity and then not even try. Tax return will be done on the weekend once essay is sorted and I shall learn my lesson about putting the money aside - of course I intended to, but last year got distracting with the house move etc. My next payment for the external work is due in Feb and that will put the tax payment back in coffers as well as leaving it's own tax in a separate budget line.

In other :money:news, not much... living on ready meals again while swotting, but most things ok. Waiting on electric bill as supplier now changed over. And doing quite well with Sh0pNSc4n, it's a bit of a nuisance but between regular submissions and the occasional questionnaire usually makes about £10 in 4maz0n vouchers a month. I wouldn't say no to £10 in my paycheque and it's only about 20 mins of work a month so not bad going really.

I want to rethink things for 2018, but need to get this interview out of the way first. Lots of thinking to do!

Rosa xx
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oosh I feel your pain re tax return, I had to help DP last night - I've never seen every one so unorganised it took me hours after work - I went to bed with such a headache after lecturing him to set aside a couple of hours a month to organise his admin!

Good luck for the interview

xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    :o tax return still isn't done... however first interview over, essay done and catching up on a bit of work tonight, then intending to do it tomorrow evening as that's the only day I have this week when not travelling. Haven't done usual Sunday shuffle either, but did briefly check the accounts and all looks well.

Second interview (hopefully) still to prep for, shortly followed by draft for another essay, but at least that's the last one and the final version isn't due til March. I'm thinking that I want to sort out doing some exercise now that life is calming down a bit, so that might be my focus for this coming quarter, but thinking still to do when current lunacy over!

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family