Nationwide ppi update

1235»

Comments

• Hi, thank you for your postings on this, they have been really helpful. I have just contacted the financial ombudsman, they took a few details down and are sending a letter on my behalf to Nationwide, but also on my parents behalf to Santandar (previously Abbey National). They use a free phone number, and were extremely helpful, and reassured me that the letters would go to the correct place/people, so the recipients will not have an excuse of not having received it - try them out, will save you time and effort to start the process. B
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    bijal999 wrote: »
    I have just contacted the financial ombudsman, they took a few details down and are sending a letter on my behalf to Nationwide, but also on my parents behalf to Santandar
    The Financial Ombudsman Service are not there to act as unpaid secretaries, they are there to arbitrate in disputes between customers and financial institutions!

You (and anyone else) can send their complaints direct to the Banks concerned, they only very rarely become "lost".

The last post prior to yours on this thread was over two years ago...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    bijal999 wrote: »
    Hi, thank you for your postings on this, they have been really helpful. I have just contacted the financial ombudsman, they took a few details down and are sending a letter on my behalf to Nationwide, but also on my parents behalf to Santandar (previously Abbey National). They use a free phone number, and were extremely helpful, and reassured me that the letters would go to the correct place/people, so the recipients will not have an excuse of not having received it - try them out, will save you time and effort to start the process. B

That is not a great way to do things. Someone at the FOS scribbles notes down that they think match what you are saying and then they pass that to the bank to deal with. What you actually want to complain about and what the FOS have told them you want to complain about may be two different things. It also delays the process rather than going straight to lender who most people find are just as helpful.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    That is not a great way to do things. Someone at the FOS scribbles notes down that they think match what you are saying and then they pass that to the bank to deal with.
    Absolutely.

I have been dealing with a case recently FOS said related to a Self Invested Personal Pension when the complainant did not have one.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    That is not a great way to do things. Someone at the FOS scribbles notes down that they think match what you are saying and then they pass that to the bank to deal with.
    Absolutely.

Have to wonder at someone not only using FOS call centre in this manner, but actually recommending it to others before knowing of any outcome. It doesn't help that the post in question appears to be in answer largely to posts made early on in this thread which were posted in 2010!
  • Hi, i am trying to help my mum with a ppi claim for nationwide but have no clue where to start would someone be kind enough to help me ?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    What product did she have PPI on, how long ago and why does she think it was mis sold?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure