I want to believe I can do this!

Comments

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you Raldo. I could definitely do that and no doubt that is what I will end up doing. I had my heart set on paying off one debt but it probably will not be possible this month but hopefully next month. I need to be more patient with myself!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Hey Pidge04, sorry to hear you're having a tough day.

Take a deep breathe, step back and look at how you've come-you're paying debt off every month-that is one amazing achievement! You are smashing this, even if it's not at the rate you want to see the number go down-you are doing this!

It's so frustrating when you want things paid off quicker, but can't. Although, you've got to remember it will be paid and every single 1p paid towards any debt is a huge achievement.

You are huge steps ahead of those who haven't even had their LBM yet...you are doing amazingly, you had your LBM and you're smashing this debt as much as possible without getting yourself into more debt-you really should be proud of yourself, We are proud of you!

Everyone has bad days (even when not paying debt) we are human and I'd actually be worried if you never had a bad day ;-)

What are your plans for today?

Can you do one job for me (if you can)? Take a step back and look at all the debt you've paid off, times that by 2 and put that next to the debt you've got left to pay and see what position you could of been in of you hadn't of starter your journey.

One penny at a time, one day at a time, one step at a time.

I really hope your day improves

Keep smiling-it's all we can do...this isn't forever (even though it may feel like it)

C x
  • pidge04
    Thank you so much 'Debtnomoreplease' - that really helped a lot.

I am out of my slump today. I figure that I was in the very fortunate position on Friday to pay off in a week what I normally pay off in a month and so that I should be extremely grateful.

I will use my extra income to help through the month and I will be grateful that I am able to do that.

We swam in the sea today and it was joyous and it was free! I have a lot to be thankful for and I am going in the right direction.

I think it has been 7 or 8 months now that I have not used a credit card. I think I have between £3000-4000 less debt than I had at the start of the year.

Thank you for the wonderful support to be found here.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Hey, thrilled to hear you're feeling brighter and had a lovely day in the sea-the free things in life truly are amazing!

See-fabulous progress-if you hadn't of had your LBM you could be looking at an extra £4000+ debt.

Keep you chin up and grab the free things in life with both hands-they are the things that count...they tend to become m memories in the heart for ever.
  • pidge04
    In a couple of months, I will hopefully be in a position to start to try and reduce my overdrafts (1 at £1000 and 2 at £750). I have always lived right up to my overdraft limit unfortunately. How have you tackled your overdrafts? I worry that if I say I will pay off £100 a month, for example, by the end of the month I will just dip into that £100. Hopefully not, hopefully I can be disciplined. Is it best to pay the £100 for example into a savings account and then pay it off the overdraft every month? Any tips or advice gratefully received.
  • pidge04
    My original plan had been to start up a training side line and then hopefully I would be able to pay the overdrafts back in chunks at a time. So I need to get proactive on that front.
  • Morning Pidge, how are you?

My overdraft was somewhat a nightmare which cost me MANY sleepless nights and ALOT of money! Thankfully I found this site or I'd of left it until last to deal with...which could of been a complete disaster!

What I didn't realise (because I took the money as 'mine' and didn't read anything about them!) was that the overdraft is repayable at any time with no or very little notice given.
    Mine was twice my wage, so if one day they decide to take it back (they have every right-wasn't my money) id of been in an even more dire situation.

I decided it had to be cleared ASAP with no excuses-I could not have risked it being taken away and me not having two months wages! I don't believe it happens often, but it has and does happen. So I left my credit cards to minimum payments etc and pushed every penny towards my overdraft, I reduced it monthly...trust me it's scary, but being scared is what pushed me to clear it! Worked so much overtime by body didn't feel like it belonged to me-ha ha! And just lived and bought the most basic things possible. Once I'd paid that off I could sleep a lot better at night, as the rest of my debt was on 0% credit cards etc.

It really is an amazing feeling clearing your overdraft.

Set yourself a realistic budget to pay it off, or you'll end up in more debt by borrowing more of you cant afford to live. If £100 feels too much, set it at £50.

I'm not saying all this to scare you, far from it-I'm so grateful to those people who told me on here about it being payable back at any time or I'd probably still have my overdraft and still be in it.

Do you mean you have one OD of £1000 and two seperate ones at £750 or your second one is £750?

Take Care
  • P.S-training side line sounds a fabulous to boost your income...thats the only way to clear your overdraft...making as much extra money as possible, but remember it's not forever.
  • pidge04
    Morning Pidge, how are you?

My overdraft was somewhat a nightmare which cost me MANY sleepless nights and ALOT of money! Thankfully I found this site or I'd of left it until last to deal with...which could of been a complete disaster!

What I didn't realise (because I took the money as 'mine' and didn't read anything about them!) was that the overdraft is repayable at any time with no or very little notice given.
    Mine was twice my wage, so if one day they decide to take it back (they have every right-wasn't my money) id of been in an even more dire situation.

I decided it had to be cleared ASAP with no excuses-I could not have risked it being taken away and me not having two months wages! I don't believe it happens often, but it has and does happen. So I left my credit cards to minimum payments etc and pushed every penny towards my overdraft, I reduced it monthly...trust me it's scary, but being scared is what pushed me to clear it! Worked so much overtime by body didn't feel like it belonged to me-ha ha! And just lived and bought the most basic things possible. Once I'd paid that off I could sleep a lot better at night, as the rest of my debt was on 0% credit cards etc.

It really is an amazing feeling clearing your overdraft.

Set yourself a realistic budget to pay it off, or you'll end up in more debt by borrowing more of you cant afford to live. If £100 feels too much, set it at £50.

I'm not saying all this to scare you, far from it-I'm so grateful to those people who told me on here about it being payable back at any time or I'd probably still have my overdraft and still be in it.

Do you mean you have one OD of £1000 and two seperate ones at £750 or your second one is £750?

Take Care

Thank you again! I have 2 bank accounts - one with a £1000 limit and one with a £750 limit. I did not know that about overdrafts … scary stuff. I better tackle them next.
  • its quite a novel feeling , seeing your money in your account with - before it

Mine too was above my monthly wage , and I still have a 2k overdraft available to me ( only the first £250 is without fee)

I should really reduce this as I no longer use it but mentally its nice to know the facility is there , on another note though if my card got cloned there is also lots of spending power available too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure