IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Red parking ticket

I've just received a red parking ticket on my screen today for not displaying my permit at work (totally hold my hands up & my fault). I've logged into the 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' website & they have photographic evidence to back it all up & the reason I have the ticket is for not displaying a valid permit. I am going to pay as my colleague has had the same ticket & appealed but refused. If I pay the fine now online, does that mean that I will not receive any notice in the post? Thanks in advance

Comments

• a fine from a private parking company?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you pay the discounted charge, it is quite possible that your name will be put on a mugs list.

We have seen people pay the discounted charge and then months, if not years, later chased for the full charge - denying that anything has been paid.

But to answer your question... I have no idea.
    If you were to pay wouldn't you be asking for a receipt through the post?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2018 at 9:01AM
    If you pay them they will use the money to bring in working girls from The Ukraine and class A drugs to sell to them. They will also transport Syrians across the Channel in overcrowded rubber boats, and flood the markets with fake N|ikes. Instead, why not complain to your MP.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,021 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Missyhd wrote: »
    If I pay the [STRIKE]fine [/STRIKE] mugging charge now online, does that mean that I will not receive any notice in the post?

How can anyone but the scammers you are dealing with predict that?

Why on earth are you thinking of supporting a scam and helping to buy expensive cars and holiday villas for people that are laughing behind your back?

Have you discussed this with your employers or who ever engaged these Muppets?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    At the top of this board is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. You need to read it.

It contains lots of information that may well mean that you end up paying nothing rather than end up on a mugs list and having to pay twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure