Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• mikeizz
    mikeizz Posts: 60
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ccdorset wrote: »
    I accepted the following offer through Love Digital today:

£10 Entertainment
    £10 Cinema
    £5 Box Sets
    Free HD
    Total £25 per month

This is with a Sky Q 1TB Box for £20 install.

Also was very lucky and got a £50 Cashback offer through my current account this morning when rejoining Sky. So means I will get 2 months free too!

Was really pleased with that so finally made a decision and went for it!

Nice!

But i thought that if you have Sky Q the £12 multriscreen charge is mandatory?
  • Keltosh
    Keltosh Posts: 17
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 August 2018 at 7:40AM
    Sky dont seem as keen to really discount their packages.
    I;ve just signed up to Sky unlimited fibre, Sky Talk ( no calls ) £25 / 18 months. Sky entertainment £15 box sets £1 kids £1 HD £1 / 12 months. Sky+HD.
    Hanging out for the sports pack been offered Football with HD £18 or full sports pack including HD £22. Not decided what to do yet.
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 292
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mikeizz wrote: »
    Nice!

But i thought that if you have Sky Q the £12 multriscreen charge is mandatory?

He did offer multiscreen for £12 per month, but I declined. It's not mandatory, though I believe if you are going for the 2TB box you would be charged a much higher "install" fee if you don't take multiscreen. (£199 I believe). I'm just having the 1TB box, so could keep the fee down to £20 install with no multiscreen.

You do have to have multiscreen with a 2TB box if you want to "unlock" Ultra HD though.
  • ccdorset wrote: »
    I accepted the following offer through Love Digital today:

£10 Entertainment
    £10 Cinema
    £5 Box Sets
    Free HD
    Total £25 per month

This is with a Sky Q 1TB Box for £20 install.

Also was very lucky and got a £50 Cashback offer through my current account this morning when rejoining Sky. So means I will get 2 months free too!

Was really pleased with that so finally made a decision and went for it!

Thanks for the idea of love digital! I've been hunting cashback sites/forums/chats with Sky. No significant discounts. Rang these guys up based off your post.

Got

Entertainment, HD, Fibre Max, Line Rental
    Total £45 per month
    £10 one off install fee

Sky Chat guys would only haggle down to £53 for the above from the advertised £55. So I am very happy :)

:j:j:j
  • ccdorset
    Forumite
    Thanks for the idea of love digital! I've been hunting cashback sites/forums/chats with Sky. No significant discounts. Rang these guys up based off your post.

Got

Entertainment, HD, Fibre Max, Line Rental
    Total £45 per month
    £10 one off install fee

Sky Chat guys would only haggle down to £53 for the above from the advertised £55. So I am very happy :)

:j:j:j

That's great news! I can't take all the credit, as Gavgooner recommended them in an earlier post!

I was quite impressed with Love Digital, they were very efficient, explained everything clearly and there was no hard sell at all.

Glad you got a great offer as well! :)
  • FionnMac
    FionnMac Posts: 18 Forumite
    Contacted LoveDigital through facebook, was able to get them to call me and they offered me:

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

No install costs, although I did have to wait 9 days until a slot was available! Sound good?
  • ccdorset
    Forumite
    FionnMac wrote: »
    Contacted LoveDigital through facebook, was able to get them to call me and they offered me:

Sky Q box
    Sky Sports HD
    Sky Entertainment HD
    18 month contract
    ...for £20pm.

No install costs, although I did have to wait 9 days until a slot was available! Sound good?

That sounds like a great deal! Especially for sports around this time of year!

I had to wait a bit longer for mine - 21 days for the first available date! Not bothered though, as the deals are really good!
  • jojaca
    jojaca Posts: 109
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    That's a very good deal. Is LoveDigital just a London based deal? or is it all over uk.
  • ccdorset
    Forumite
    jojaca wrote: »
    That's a very good deal. Is LoveDigital just a London based deal? or is it all over uk.

I think they are Sky approved installers for London and the South of England. I'm in Weymouth and got the deal.
  • FionnMac
    FionnMac Posts: 18 Forumite
    jojaca wrote: »

Well, I'm based in Manchester
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure