Awarded pip out of nowhere?!

Options

Comments

• Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Nannytone wrote: »
    That in Furs that pension credit can rise to £700 a week dependent on other benefits.

Although I'm still uncertain of your £700 figure this would also include non means-tested benefit

please can you provide a complete breakdown because I've be really interested

If you want to work it out, go onto the Turn2us website and enter enhanced for both components of PIP and highest AA award. Put that we each claim CA for each other but don't receive any money and then look at the answer.
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    Danday wrote: »
    I have been spending time going through all of the relevant questions and answers on here and came across a reply from someone called alice holt.
    She mentions as do others that if you get a benefit for a disability you can get somebody to claim carers allowance for helping out.
    Does this allowance apply to husband and wife if they live together?
    How do you prove what the help is and more importantly the number of hours if you live with then day and night?
    I've looked on the CAB website and it says that the help cannot contradict the reason you claim the disability benefits for.
    I would have thought that living together like this would automatically raise questions by the DWP. Then end up with the disability benefit being disputed. How do you solve that problem?
    So in your February post above you were trying to find the rules for Carers allowance yet........
    If you want to work it out, go onto the Turn2us website and enter enhanced for both components of PIP and highest AA award. Put that we each claim CA for each other but don't receive any money and then look at the answer.
  • Danday
    Options
    bspm1 wrote: »
    So in your February post above you were trying to find the rules for Carers allowance yet........
    Yes I claimed and was awarded.
  • bspm1
    Options
    Yes I claimed and was awarded.

Pity you have had so much trouble claiming PIP after your many reassessments really, you seem to have nailed Carers Allowance on the head in a few weeks.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is all very dispiriting. I remember the days of rockingbilly when threads would go round and round in circles and op would suck up all the energy like a shameless black hole. Op, have a little self awareness and give people with real problems some space. It's the decent thing to do.
  • airliner
    airliner Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

However for pensioners that does not happen. Anybody entitled to Carers Allowance but also receives the State Pension does NOT get any payment from the CA award - they still continue to receive their full pension.

A person can get Carer's Allowance and a State Pension at the same time if the value of their pension is less than what a payment of Carers Allowance would be.

E.g. If the State Pension was £60 per week and they claimed Carer's Allowance, they would get £4.60 per week paid as Carers Allowance.
  • Danday
    Options
    airliner wrote: »
    A person can get Carer's Allowance and a State Pension at the same time if the value of their pension is less than what a payment of Carers Allowance would be.

E.g. If the State Pension was £60 per week and they claimed Carer's Allowance, they would get £4.60 per week paid as Carers Allowance.

I have no idea how many pensioners get £60 a week. Not that many. Yes you are right you would get the top up.

Most pensioners today normally have at least £150 a week, mine is just over £210 a week.
  • bspm1
    Options
    I have no idea how many pensioners get £60 a week. Not that many. Yes you are right you would get the top up.

Most pensioners today normally have at least £150 a week, mine is just over £210 a week.

For future readers who may wonder and worry why they are not getting over £210 SP I tried to find an earlier post by this poster who has claimed Pension Credit because he and his partners SP is only £700 and something per month, it seems to have disappeared.
  • Danday
    Options
    bspm1 wrote: »
    For future readers who may wonder and worry why they are not getting over £210 SP I tried to find an earlier post by this poster who has claimed Pension Credit because he and his partners SP is only £700 and something per month, it seems to have disappeared.

The figure you quoted of just under £700 was what was received in a week from all sources including pension credit.
  • bspm1
    Options
    The figure you quoted of just under £700 was what was received in a week from all sources including pension credit.

No, the figure I quoted was from your post on claiming Pension Credit (now disappeared) stating that you had just found out? that you could claim PC as your State Pension for you and your wife was only £768? ish per month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure