Do men win from Womens Magazines

Options
and websites or Vice a versa? I am trying really hard to win something nice for my pregnant wife so have entered loads of spa days and makeup/clothing comps. I get more daily emails regarding the "latest look" or "deal of the day" than manly things lol

I also wondered if not subscribing to newsletters gives you less chance of winning? I know that might be skeptical
2018 Wins so far:

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi, i do know of male friends that've won from 'woman's magazines' & sites :) when my DH was active entering comps he won me perfumes, bath stuff etc so it is very possible :D
    am sure in I won! I won! I won!,
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73
    thread there's been a few male members post they've won prizes for thier wives/girlfriends etc :)
    also have seen f/male winners win from such as the Zoo site which is realy a blokes mag :D
    keep entering & fingers crossed you'll soon be a winner,

as for not subscribing to newsletters i subscribe to a few
    but have won lots from sites that i don't subscribe to so imhumbles i don't think it makes any difference xx
    hth
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• gregorypeck
    Options
    Thank you fire**fly, I often read the I won I won I won threads to see whats going where but usernames can sometimes be hard to work out gender. I'll keep entering till I win her something nice :)
    2018 Wins so far:
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    suppose it's because i've been on here a long time & pm'ing/talking to maj of peeps we kind of get to know each other :o so i know most of who's f/m/m,
    though have been wrong a few times:o :eek::rotfl:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As to the winning they do

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4122917

and e-mail sign up should make no difference to your chances of winning unless stated in the comp terms and conditions (T&Cs)
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My hubby won one of our nicest prizes for me :) A pampering set from Green and Spring, which was most def for ladies, xxx
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • bertie200
    bertie200 Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yes I have won from Woman Magazine and Glamour
    bertie200

2011 - best wins - Coca-Cola Fridge, Galaxy Tablet, Kodak Printer, Roberts DAB Radio, £200 Voucher, John Lewis Hamper, Tassimo Coffee Machine :j:j
  • gregorypeck
    Options
    Good to know thank you all
    2018 Wins so far:
  • xangeleyes
    xangeleyes Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    My husband plays the odd Tombola etc at fairs and ALWAYS wins the girly stuff lol
    :beer: Thank you to everyone! :beer:

:eek: Officially addicted to Comping :eek:
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mr GB won a fab bra from Woman's Own FB page :)
    Even better tho', it arrived as a Debenhams voucher for the cost, so was able to use it on something he wanted (I have loads of bras!)
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport