"You're hired! CV" book giveaway. Want one?

Options
Former_MSE_Natasha
Former_MSE_Natasha Posts: 672 Forumite
edited 26 October 2010 at 3:39PM in Employment, jobseeking & training
ALL THE BOOKS HAVE NOW GONE, THANKS!

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif The Winners[/title]
Congratulations to the following 100 people who have potentially netted a free book. The first 50 to send me a Private Message (click my name and then "send a private message to MSE Natasha") with their FULL NAME AND ADDRESS will receive a copy.

If I don't hear from at least 50 people by Tuesday 26 October any remaining books will be given out on a first come first served basis (subject to whether you've received a book in previous giveaways, though it's worth private messaging anyway as if there are many copies left over, you may still get one) at a later point. So please be quick! :)

Please DO NOT send me a private message if YOU'RE NOT A WINNER ON THIS LIST. Just keep an eye on this thread, it'll be updated with details of how to request a leftover copy at some point after 26 October.

[MaccA]
adonis
adzo
alfe
alun4
annemarie ritchie
antuk
apt7
arphill
Avass
Baalmaiden
babybug
beebs
bharatkumar
blackswan9876
chezas
chuckles6993
chunkymunks
CindyAnne
Clairey1982
Deejay99
dichapman
esmereldasmythe
FluffBearz
Frenchy_no1
Geebee
geekinaseat
golfore
gsddusty1
halkerstone
hiles21
iainmack
iheartshadows
InaPickle
InDebted2U
Indigomoon
janex
jap160
jayII
joanpearl
johnsandall
katie07
KPMoneysaver
lb364
Lindy1
lougibop
LSW
markcolinfield
mcduff16
Middlers
Miss Liquorice
monkeyballs
moodycm
MrsClumsy
msaville
mudgekin
nbedin
newlyredundant
newlywed
paddyother
Pam61
paulthompson14
penny-less
peter7811
Princessmuppet
rach29
rajrana
redstararnie76
Redtop
retail_therapy
ronnixz
roweral
Sahins
sajidjavid
scoutts
Seaside Lass
secretlass
serenaballerina
shazadmahmood
sina_ism
SJ_Jones
slimbird
smudge56
spangly stars
spook
srinath
ss40
sshaw
suman_das
tha_laydee
thatguy1
The rider
Thrifty me
tiamarie
Trial
Valueformoneyscate
wolfdesigns
writersoph
wylwu
Xno

Back to the original post...........................

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif What's this about?[/title]
We've blagged 50 copies of the book You're Hired!: CV for MoneySavers who need a bit of help and guidance to spruce up their CV so they nab that ever so important interview.

The RRP is £9.99 but it's available for £6.87 from Book Depoistory (inc. delivery).

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif What to do[/title]
If you're interested, just reply to this (click on 'post reply') and say:

"You're hired!"

To do this you need to be registered for the Forum (if you're not, when you click reply you'll be taken through the process. It's free, of course).

APPEAL: Please ONLY reply to this thread if you will check back to see if you've won a copy next week (week commencing Monday 11 October). If you don't get in contact promptly you won't recieve a copy and if there are any remaining books they'll be given away. This is usually around a week after the results have been announced but on this occasion potential winners will have an extended period of time, until Tuesday 26 October to make their claim.

But bear in mind 100 names are being picked and there are only 50 books, so you'll have to get in quickly.

Also, please DON'T email in as your name won't be counted. Nor include your contact details in this thread as, for your own safety, we don't allow personal details on the public forum so your post will be deleted.

This thread will shut on Monday 11 October so please get your posts in before then.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif More about the book[/title]
The book's blurb...

"You're Hired! CVs is essential reading for putting together the best possible CV for the job you want, whether you're just starting out or moving your career forward."

"This book guides you through the preparation process to identify your most relevant skills and experiences for the position you are applying for."

HiredCV.jpg

How will the people be chosen?

100 people will be picked at random (we've a special little computer programme to do it) and announced in next week's email (if you don't already get the email go to www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips).

The FIRST 50 people from that list to get back to me will win a copy of the book.

You must send me a private message from the username account you entered the competition with. There will be no exceptions if between entering and winning you've changed your username or can't remember the account's password to access it.

When will I get the book?

The publisher providing these books will send them out directly though, to aid administration, this won't happen until all 50 winners have provided their name and address. So it may take a couple of weeks between the giveaway's end and actual receipt - possibly not until the end of November. This thread will be updated to let winners know when they have been sent out.

[title=http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/images/dp/wtd_underline.gif]wtd_icon.gif Related MoneySaving guides [/title]
Whether you win a book or not, take a look at the following guides for more related MoneySaving info:
[signupbox]test[/signupbox]

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family