Job Interview with DWP

Comments

• jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    to be honest I have passed all my interviews and thought that none of them went particularly well. I thought I talked too long and wasn't concise enugh though I knew my answers covered all bases.

What I did was have the sheet of competencies in front of me and deliberately "fitted" scenarios into all the sub points. I made a few notes on the sheet and memorised them. In the interview I just looked at my sheet for the thing I was going to talk about and was able to remember all the other bits just from a trigger note.

Like I said though, I thought I went on far too long.

Thanks, again :A
  • Had my interview at DWP Dundee on 18th August and have just received letter (dated 20th August) that I was successful. Awaiting the result of the usual checks. The position was that of AO. If I can help anyone with the interview questions etc. please get in touch.
  • hey everyone

i applied for dwp and had int/competency test two weeks ago and just got a letter to say i was successful (15/15 for literacy and 20/20 for numeracy!) but i have a bit of a problem...

last year i worked on a temp contract for 3 weeks and was advised (by she who shall remain nameless) that if it was under a month i shouldnt bother putting it down on the app form, so i didnt. But now im worried that it might look as though i was trying to hide something by not including this, which im not!

so my question basically is... should i phone the dwp and explain this or will this seem to them to be evasive and would i be better just not mentioning it at this stage? i.e. will staying silent go against me or will speaking out go against me?

i really dont know what to do and i really want this job!!

thanks for taking the time to reply

A
  • Hi there! gosh you did well on your tests - well done! I didnt have to sit the tests thankfully. I dont know why - everyone was just interviewed. I shouldnt worry about the couple of weeks that you worked. I was told the same information by my personal adviser (who I trust totally). I worked for 3 weeks last year and my p.a. said not to include that as it wouldnt "show up" - whatever that means. I havent had a "real" job for 18 years (bringing up my kids since then) so I cant wait to get started!
  • PontyEnd
    PontyEnd Posts: 83 Forumite
    jessbob wrote: »
    Hi, Ponty

Not heard anything as yet on 60535. Rang my former employer last Friday and he hasn't received request for reference from them as yet. He is going to ring me as and when he does.

I think that the CRB Cert goes straight to DWP, cos the form we completed prior to the interview had DWP address on for the certificate to be forwarded to. They did give me a sheet of paper with an address on for me to sent the certificate to, should it be sent to me in error.

I think I will give them a ring early next week if I haven't heard anything, just for an update.

There was no waiting list on my letter either, but not sure whether this means we are not on one !!:confused:

Might even ring them tomorrow just to put our minds at rest. I will let you know the outcome, Ponty:D

Thanks for your good wishes regarding my next interview. Dreading it - really don't know where I am going wrong with them:confused::confused:

Any news? At work today my manager mentioned a letter had arrived "regarding my new job". I didn't put work down as a reference though as it said you couldn't so I'm unsure what this is? Anyway there's been redundancies today (not me, thankfully, or unfortunately, depends how you look at it!) so today was not the best day to persue it I think! But least I know something is happening.
  • PontyEnd wrote: »
    Any news? At work today my manager mentioned a letter had arrived "regarding my new job". I didn't put work down as a reference though as it said you couldn't so I'm unsure what this is? Anyway there's been redundancies today (not me, thankfully, or unfortunately, depends how you look at it!) so today was not the best day to persue it I think! But least I know something is happening.

I understand they automatically check with current/previous employer just to prove your work history over the past 3 years.
  • Hey guys,
    Just in case anyone is waiting for the IRC 60370 interview results I have been reliably informed that they were sent out yesterday.

So if you were lucky and got an interview in Hastings on or around the 16th of July then we all should know soon.

I must say I am very impressed that the DWP have employed a company such as Man Power. Not telling people they are to be interviewd or even informing people of lengthy delyas is the best way to keep us on our toes!

Well done DWP
  • Thylacine
    Thylacine Posts: 87 Forumite
    Oh. My. God.

I have a tale to tell that will blow you away with how completely shambolic the DWP recruitment process is. I understand very well now how it takes so stupidly long for them to actually hire someone.

I won't tell the full story until it comes to completion. I've got some more phone calls to make to find out more information. For now, though, I will just say that regardless of whether I get offerred one of the jobs I applied for I'll be taking a complaint to the highest levels, because it's totally unacceptable what I've been put through over the last couple of months.
  • jessbob
    jessbob Posts: 949 Forumite
    Thylacine wrote: »
    Oh. My. God.

I have a tale to tell that will blow you away with how completely shambolic the DWP recruitment process is. I understand very well now how it takes so stupidly long for them to actually hire someone.

I won't tell the full story until it comes to completion. I've got some more phone calls to make to find out more information. For now, though, I will just say that regardless of whether I get offerred one of the jobs I applied for I'll be taking a complaint to the highest levels, because it's totally unacceptable what I've been put through over the last couple of months.

Sounds ominous :rotfl:

Let us know when you can:o
  • Thylacine
    Thylacine Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2009 at 3:37PM
    jessbob wrote: »
    Sounds ominous :rotfl:

Let us know when you can:o
    Well ... I've had some good news at least. DWP say I should be getting my letter re: 60370 in the next couple of days. Hopefully it's a positive outcome, because my 60369 app is being handled really badly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure