Weight Watchers Support

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Drawingaline

We all have to live and food and drink is part and parcel of enjoying it

so a couple of bad days, the thing is, you are on the road for weightloss, you have made that choice so onwards and upwards xxx
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 August 2019 at 1:24PM
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Drawingaline

We all have to live and food and drink is part and parcel of enjoying it

so a couple of bad days, the thing is, you are on the road for weightloss, you have made that choice so onwards and upwards xxx

I think this is the way to look at it. My take is we didn't pile on the weight overnight so it might take some time to get it off again. I think it's the long term that counts rather than the odd blip. In the grand scheme of things a couple of days off piste is neither here nor there.

I am doing ok - back under the 11st bracket and heading for my next half stone. Blood sugars still not where I would like them to be but at least I'm now in the pre diabetic range and not full blown diabetic.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I have had a couple of days of grazing rather than proper meals so today I do feel a bit bloated and yet very hungry at the same time. (Too many carbs). I actually feel a bit whoozy and light headed. So today I'm going to have a good feed and get myself back on track with good wholesome food.

I won't bother counting points today. I'll just make sure that what I eat is of a high nutritious value and cut out any unnecessary snacking. So a good substantial lunch and a nice tasty supper.
  • suki1964
    I too find the carbs make me feel like poo now

My pasta portions are now normal sized, where as before I would easily eat a half a packet in one sitting :eek:

Bread wise Im limiting myself to either a slim or now Ive found a rye bread I like, a slice of that. Rye bread is so dense that one slice is enough and at 3 points a slice it fits in my point allowence without having to cut back anywhere else. Today for example I had 2 lean bacon medallions on one slice which I think is 5 points, and it took me an age to eat it, where as Mr Suki had two rounds of bacon butties down his neck in half the time :rotfl:

Last night I had a complete blow out ( again ) Out with drinking friends so all my points for the day went on alcohol , then I got a Chinese :eek: So it was a six mile frog march this morning as penance :rotfl:

The pounds may be taking a while to drop off, but the inches are flying off. I have a bum bag that I pack a poncho into to go walking if its threatening rain. I put it on today, and it fell right off me. And that fitted tight when I started this journey. Ive lost that many inches of my waist and bum that the actual lack of pounds lost isn't worrying me too much as I know they are going to show up on the scales eventually. So now I have no boobs, no bum, legs like bits of string - and still a huge belly :rotfl: I look more and more like a lolly pop every day
  • lessonlearned
    edited 12 August 2019 at 2:45PM
    Hello everyone.

Well done on the inch loss Suki. I'm sure the belly fat will disappear too. I think we all have areas that seem to take ages to show any significant changes. With me it's my boobs. Even when I was a skinny minny I still had a generous bosom. Lol.

Sounds better than it is because I can struggle to find button through shirts or dresses that fit nicely. I often have to go a couple of sizes bigger. And I do feel a bit self conscious sometimes about my boobs.

WI today. Just 5.1/2lbs to go.........I'll then decide if I want to lose a bit more. Feeling well pleased. Back on the straight and narrow, slashing the carbs. My tummy feels much happier today.

I'm going out for afternoon tea tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if all the wheat makes me feel uncomfortable again.

Wednesday.....thanks for the tip about lentil pasta. I tracked some down in Aldi. They had 3 different kinds of vegetable based pasta so I bought a pack of each. 99p a pack so worth a try. I also bought a pack of ready to eat sweet Potato rice. Will make a change from broccoli and cauli rice. I think that was £1.49 for two portions.

Obviously all these veg based rices and pastas are more expensive that wheat or proper rice but if it means I can enjoy pasta and rice based dishes without upsetting my digestive system then I don't mind paying a bit more. Especially as it helps me control my blood sugar levels.

Just had a bowl of raspberries for lunch. I had a late cooked breakfast so am not that hungry. Something with chicken for a zero supper so hopefully I can roll up some points towards all that cake tomorrow. :rotfl:

Hope you all well and happy.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well I braved tee scales, back up to 13,3,but I have had quite a lazy week too, so oo many calories and not enough movement. Back to work this week, so steps will be 12k a day min. Back to tracking the too, no meals out planned this week either.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • I have gained 2 pounds back!:o No surprise as I had pizza and beer last night. I am always in a bad mood after my husband works nights as I get so little sleep that week.

Oh well, back to normal today. I have had a sliced banana with a blueberry yoghurt and a cup of green tea.

I'm making a batch of soup, passata, veg stock, can of lentils, sweetcorn, broc, cauliflower and green pepper. I will blend it up with my stick blender when it's done and have it with wholemeal toast.

:j
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning.

I'm another one who has fallen off the wagon. Big time. No idea why. I darent even weigh myself. :rotfl:

Never mind today is a new day. Back to it. :D.
  • suki1964
    Another 1lb off thankfully

How I don't know as Ive a bit of a black dog going on which means Im hibernating, avoiding friends, tearful - blah blah blah, and watching what Im eating/drinking is away out the window at the moment

Hopefully it will pass sooner rather then later and Ill get back walking and eating sensibly
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Good morning.

I'm another one who has fallen off the wagon. Big time. No idea why. I darent even weigh myself. :rotfl:

Never mind today is a new day. Back to it. :D.

Me too hun, but I'm getting back on it tomorrow ;) Only 78 days until Goa now:eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    Well I finally plucked up courage and weighed myself. STS. That's fine. Because I have been "off piste" for around 3 weeks now. I am just pleased that I am managing to hover around the 11st mark.

But Candy I will be rejoining you. I have had a break but now it's time to get back on the wagon and shift that final half stone. I look fine but I do need to bring my blood sugar levels down a bit more.

Good to see you posting again Candy. You're right - not long now till your holiday. :D.

Let's keep going, we can do this. ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure